It’s no trick – you’re in for a treat with Guest Designer Judi Kauffman’s Halloween Card Trio!
She used Peel-offs she designed for Elizabeth Craft Designs – Halloween in Frame Peel-offs 2585 in Gold and she sneaked in some leftovers from an accordion card, too.
Thank you for inviting me to be today’s Guest Designer, Joset. I love everything about Halloween: Candy, costumes, and – drum roll, please – CARDS! If you are an experienced card maker, scroll through the project photos and create your own versions. If you are a beginner, I hope my very thorough (but lengthy) instructions will ensure your success.
Halloween in Frame Peel-offs can be used in a variety of ways and they are available in Gold
(my choice today), Silver and Black. They match Karen Burniston’s Katie Label Accordion Card die (see the card shown below for inspiration) or you can use them for side-fold cards like the tall trio featured today.
Stretch the sheet by using the “extras” – broom, candy corn kernels, mouse, negative shapes left over from the witch’s hat and the small spider – on treat bags, place cards, or on more cards.
1. Place Halloween Peel-offs (including the negative pieces from the witch’s hat) onto white cardstock and color with alcohol-based markers or medium of choice. Tip: For the extra hat, use orange or another bright color for the hatband but color all the way around the hat shape with black marker.
2. Cut out the Peel-offs.
3. Cut a 3” x 12” vertical strip from the right hand side of the 12” x 12” Somewhere in Time “Elegance” paper. Cut the strip into three 4” pieces.
Secret Design Strategy: This is NOT a Halloween theme paper! We’ll hide the hot air balloon and sewing pattern under the Halloween in Frame Peel-offs in step 6.
4. Mat these three rectangles onto orange cardstock leaving a narrow border.
5. Double-mat Howl at the Moon and Beware cardstock stickers onto black and orange cardstock. Single-mat You Bewitch Me cardstock sticker onto orange cardstock.
6. Complete the card fronts. Use the photos as a reference for the layouts. IMPORTANT: Be sure to position the Spider, Witch and Jack O’ Lantern onto the patterned paper rectangles precisely as spelled out below:
*WITCHY CARD – Notice the position of the faux stitching and the ivy tendril on the Witchy card. (This was originally the top third of the paper strip.)
*SPIDER CARD – Notice the position of the faux stitching and tiny bit of ivy on the Spider card. (This was originally the middle third of the paper strip, but it has been turned upside down so the lighter area is at the right and the ivy is at the bottom.)
*JACK O’ LANTERN CARD – Notice the position of the faux stitching and two shades of brown on the Jack O’ Lantern card.
(This was originally the bottom third of the paper strip.)
7. Add foam dots or tape under the large label-shaped Peel-offs, candy corn, mouse, broom, and extra hat. Use double-sided adhesive to adhere the patterned paper rectangles.
8. Final details:
*WITCHY CARD – Add the extra hat, the mouse, two rows of Lines Dots Peel-offs, four Velvet Adhesive stars (leftovers from the Katie Stars Frame Edges used on the 3-panel Katie Label Accordion Card shown earlier for inspiration), the black spider peel-off (an extra from the sheet used for the Accordion card), and the matted cardstock sticker.
*SPIDER CARD – Add 8mm wiggle eyes (use GemTac glue), two extra candy corn kernels, four rows of Lines Dots Peel-offs, the gold spider from the Halloween in Frame Peel-offs sheet, and the matted cardstock sticker.
*JACK O’ LANTERN CARD – Add the extra broom, one candy corn kernel, four rows of Lines Dots Peel-offs, three Velvet Adhesive stars (leftovers from the Katie Stars Frame Edges used on the 3-panel Katie Label Accordion Card shown earlier for inspiration), and the matted cardstock sticker.
*Color on Silk Microfine Glitter for extra sparkle.
*Change to a different layout and card size, for example, square, 5” x 7”, accordion, or standard A2 measuring 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
2585 Halloween in Frame Peel-offs in Gold (plus leftover spider from 2585 in Black)
ProMarkers (Letraset); ColorMates Smooth & Silky 90# cardstock in White (WorldWin Papers); Somewhere in Time Collection 12 x 12 #16401410 Elegance (BoBunny); Pre-made 4” x 9 1/4” cards with matching envelopes (Bazzill Basics Paper); An Eerie Tale Collection Cardstock Stickers (Graphic 45); 8mm wiggle eyes; foam dots or tape; GemTac Glue to attach wiggle eyes (Beacon Adhesives); Orange and black cardstock