Hi, Jackie Smith here. I fell in love with the new Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-offs, especially the one called ‘Puppies’. My dog has been sick so I decided to do a card for her – she is like my kid. I had these papers on hand that coordinate well with the Peel-offs.
1. Create card base from brown cardstock. Cut 5″x 11″ rectangle; score and fold in half.
In this card I’m using a double fold with an extra platform using the Lorna Label PopUp.
Place the Lorna Label on the fold line as shown by Karen Burniston in this video. Cut another rectangle 5 1/4″x 12″ for the backing card.
2. To create a “back wall” and a “floor wall”, cut bone paper 6″x 6″ square twice. Place Lorna Label PopUp on the edge of paper and die cut PopUp insert. You will need your scissors to cut out the Lorna Label insert completely. Do this on both papers. Adhere one wall to the top of the inside of the card and one wall to the bottom part of the inside of the card. Karen explains this step in her video as well.
3. Cut dog word vellum paper 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to the top, just behind the PopUp. Cut burlap paper the same size and adhere to the bottom of the inside of the card.
5. Place black Puppies Peel-offs onto white cardstock with double sided adhesive on top. Cover Peel-offs with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. Use a brush to brush of the excess glitter. Follow Els’ step by step instructions for this technique here.
6. Color puppies as desired. I used Tombow Dual Brush Markers although they do require extra time to dry as they are water-based. Use alcohol-based markers instead of water-based markers if you prefer.
7. Cut out puppies. Place sitting puppy by the dog house on the inside. Save the standing puppy for the card front (step 9).
8. Freehand cut a dog bone from the brown paper using scissors (or a craft knife and cutting mat). Add a name to the bone, spelled out in alphabet stickers. (Option: Use rubber stamps for the letters.) Use double sided adhesive to adhere bone to the sign on the front of the dog house. Using pop dots for dimension, add dog paw prints toward the bottom right.
9. For the front of the card, cut bone paper 5 1/2″x 5 3/4″, red paper 5 1/4″x 5 1/2″ and word paper 5″x 5 1/4″. Layer and adhere using double sided adhesive. Adhere puppy, bone, dog paws and sign using pop dots as shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Cardstock and patterned paper- Dog Bones paper, stickers – Karen Foster Design, Paws paper- Samantha Walker, Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso – Stampin ‘Up!, Tombow Dual Brush Markers, Pop Dots