Debra Hensley here today. November is the month I focus on gratitude a little more in my life. Family, friends, health, happiness, kind gestures – there is so much to say thank you for to the ones we love. What better way than with a thank you card featuring Poppy the Owl perched in his tree surrounded by bright sparkly glitter leaves reflecting the colors of Autumn?!
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Fold a piece of 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ black cardstock in half to form a standard A2 size card. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere inside the card to provide a place to write on.
2. Die cut Poppy the Owl, Thanks and the All Seasons Tree. Assemble Poppy, leaving his wings unattached for a more 3 dimensional look.
3. Cut a piece of Kraft colored cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4″. Emboss with the new Bark embossing folder ( my favorite!!). Using the circle and spiral from the Spiral Circle Pull Card die, cut a circle about 1/2 ” from the right edge and 1 1/2 ” from the top. Ink well with brown ink to bring out the embossing.
4. To form a rolled Rose, Clip the outer circle from the Spiral. Using Fine Pointed Tweezers, grab the outer end and roll inward in a tight circle, keeping the bottom edge flush so as not to make a cone. You can also do this with your fingers if you prefer, however the tweezers will give you a tighter center. Once rolled remove tweezers and let the rose loosen naturally. Add a large glue dot to the small end circle of the spiral and adhere to the underside center of the rose to secure.
5. Leaves- Cover a 3 1/2″ x 6 strip of white cardstock with double sided adhesive. Peel off liner. Create a glittered background to adhere the Leaf Peel-Offs to by using a variety of Fall colored glitters to create a “camo” look. Using 4 different colors, sprinkle 3 of the colors in small amounts on the adhesive in a random pattern. Carefully flip over between each color to remove excess, careful not to brush off to the side which will cover the adhesive.
6. Add Soft Green Microfine Glitter over the remaining adhesive to fill in the remaining empty areas. Rub in well for good coverage.
7. Remove excess, polish with your finger to bring up shine and set the glitter in the adhesive. Add Black and Gold Leaf Peel-offs to the glittered panel.
8 Closely trim out leaves. Color the edges with a black marker for a more finished look. Trim the small upper branch from the All Season Tree.
9. To Assemble- adhere Bark piece to card front on foam adhesive. With your fingers curve the Thanks diecut to fit around the upper right edge of the hole and adhere. Adhere the small branch to the upper left corner and the large branch across the bottom of the hole. Add the completed Poppy on foam adhesive to the hole with his feet resting on the branch. Add leaves, using foam adhesive on a few for added interest. Adhere Rose to complete the card front.
10. Stamp an owl on the lower right corner of the white panel inside the card. Using a transfer sheet, add a black and gold leaf negative to the upper left inside to finish.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed making this card with me. An unexpected note of thanks can means so much- surprise someone special in your life with this Perching Poppy Thank You Card- sure to bring a smile.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies used:
E120 Bark Embossing Folder
916 Spiral Circle Pull Card
910 Poppy the Owl
Double Sided Adhesive
2525 Elegant Leaves Peel-Off Black, Gold
609 Fire Opal Silk Microfine Glitter
613 Orange Silk Microfine Glitter
633 Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter
631 Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter
801 Fine Pointed Tweezers
Other Items used:
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Owl Stamp- Darcie’s Heart and Home
Love all the colors, sparkle and texture in your card! Wonderful!
Thanks for all the kind and generous comments-they warm my heart!
DELIGHTFUL card Debra – LOVE IT ALL!!!
LOVE the FUN & FABULOUS layers, LOVE your SENSATIONAL SPARKLING leaves!!!
THANK YOU for the tutorial and CREATIVE INSPIRATION 🙂
I love the color pink. It is a happy color.
This is one gorgeously delicious creative card!!! Love the gorgeous glittery leaves, and that bark embossing folder is now on my wishlist!!! TFS!!!
Such a fun owl card, and love those glittered owls too!
Love those multi-glittered leaves!
What a fun card….and I love owls ! ! Thanks so much for the tutorial they really help. Keep these BEAUTIFUL CARDS COMING ! My GGD would love this as she is becoming a fantastic crafter and she is only seven.
Fabuliscious!!! The gorgeous leaves have me shivering with delight!! GORGEOUS!!! TFS!
Such an awesome card! I love the tree die cut as a branch and the pine cone as a rose! Perfect woodsy card!
Love all the things we seem to be able to do with Poppy. He is so versatile and so “in” now! Very pretty card.
A lovely card -such a great idea!
You always make the best cards!! So creative, well done and explained in a way that makes me think that I really can do it too. Love them!! Thanks Debra.
Absolutely beautiful, Debra! And what a great idea to use the spiral die for the flower!
What a beautiful fall card Debra, Poppy makes everyone smile:) Thank you
Wonderful and creative!!
This is so stunningly beautiful! I love those leaves with the multi-colored glitter.