Hello Crafty Friends!
Debra here today to help you get a jump start on your Valentine cards for those special people in your life. Valentine’s Day is just a week away and the Rectangle Pull Card makes a quick and easy base to build a PURRfect card with glittery details that’s sure to bring a smile to your Valentine.
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Cut a piece of cat-themed double sided cardstock to 7 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Fold in half then unfold and die cut with the Rectangle Pull Card die, lining up the tabs in the center fold. Fold on the score lines to create the card base.
2. Die cut the additional pieces – Whiskers the Cat, fish bones, mice, MEOW letters and one white and one patterned decorator rectangle. Die cut a large and small heart from the Heart Pivot Card from red cardstock with transparent double-sided adhesive adhered to it. Die cut the collar, lips and bow from the same red cardstock. Glitter with True Red Microfine Glitter. Die cut the whiskers and shadow layer from white cardstock covered with transparent double-sided adhesive and then glitter with Chocolate Silk Microfine Glitter. Die cut two Spinners from both the red and white cardstock. (The Spinner die makes the hearts pop up).
3. Print the sentiment on white cardstock and die cut with the rectangle decorator die. Ink edges of card base, both rectangle decorator pieces and the detail layer of Whiskers the Cat with brown ink.
4. Assemble Whiskers. Add inked detail layer to glittered shadow layer. Add eyes, nose, glittered whiskers, bow and collar with a red glitter dot in the center of Whisker’s collar tag. Adhere to decorator rectangle on front on foam adhesive. Add fish bones, mice and red glitter border peel-offs. Here is a close up for placement:
5. Adhere the letters to spell MEOW down the left side flap. Add red glitter border peel-offs on right and left side edges.
6. Adhere sentiment rectangle to inside flap. Add mice and glittered lips.
7. Add Spinner toward the top of the fold. Add glittered hearts to the Spinner. Cut one fishbone in half and trim off ribs. Place on glittered hearts to simulate an arrow going through both hearts. Adhere smaller glittered heart to inside of card with an additional fishbone to complete.
I hope this card will inspire you to use the new dies listed below and create a PURRfect Valetine for that someone special in your life!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
967 Alphabet 1- Caps
974 Rectangle Pull Card
983 Whiskers the Cat
982 Props 4 Set
775 Heart Pivot Card
911 Props 1
7010 Glitter Borders Assorted Colors- Red/Gold
7018 Glitter Dots Assorted Colors- Red/Gold
Transparent Double Sided Adhesive
607 Chocolate Silk Microfine Glitter
614 True Red Silk Microfine Glitter
Pattern Paper- Canvas Corp, Graphic 45
Vintage Photo Distress Ink