Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. With summer right around the corner it makes me think of lounging around the pool and lots of swimming. I thought I would modify the Adirondack chair into a diving board. Let’s jump right into how I made this card.
1. Cut dark blue cardstock at 4.25″ x 11″ and white cardstock at 4″ x 11″ and score both at 5.5″.
2. Place the white cardstock on top of the blue cardstock, place Adirondack die on the score line and die cut both pieces at the same time.
3. Cut out Adirondack portion from white cardstock. See photo below. Emboss top portion only with Clouds embossing folder. Ink with blue ink over raised areas.
4. Die cut the following pieces as shown below:
- Props 3 – from yellow cardstock – mask, snorkel and flippers
- Beach Edges – cut blue cardstock at 2″ x 4″ then die cut using waves die
- Rocky the Crab – black shadow layer, red detail layer and white eyes
- Adirondack – from Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz – arms of chair, snipped out
- Adirondack – use the white Adirondack chair that was cut out as a guide to cut a solid piece in dark blue cardstock. This piece will be adhered on top of the Adirondack on the base card. (not shown)
- Happy Birthday Pop Up – use white cardstock that has Transparent Double Sided Tape to die cut “Happy Birthday” then cover with Yellow Silk Microfine Glitter and polish. (not shown)
- Alphabet 1 – die cut “It’s your day dive right in” from yellow cardstock. (not shown)
5. Place gift peel-off onto Transparent Double-Sided Tape that has been adhered to white cardstock and cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Color image with alcohol markers. To see a video tutorial of Els’ technique, click HERE. Cut out image using Fine-Pointed Scissors.
6. Use Transfer Sheet to apply negative image of gift to front of card. To see a video tutorial of Els’ technique, click HERE.
7. Assemble all pieces together using photos for placement.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself. Happy Crafting!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock: yellow, white, blue, red, black
Broken China Distress Ink – Ranger
Blendabilities alcohol markers – Stampin’ Up!