Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. When I first saw the new peel-offs I couldn’t wait to create a card using them. I found this mushroom pattern paper in my stash and thought it would be cute with Foxy. Let me show you how easy it is to create this card.
1. Cut rust cardstock at 5.5″ x 8.5″ score at 4.25″ for a standard A2 base.
2. Cut pattern paper at 5″ x 8″ and score at 4″. Lay cardstock flat, place Lucy Label die on the score line to the left side of card and die cut. Fold cardstock and place the top “Bump” portion of the die on the left side of card on the folded score line and die cut. See a video by Karen Burniston HERE and start at the 12:20 mark for the Lucy Label tutorial. See photo below for placement as well. Tip: by creating this extra “Bump” we now have a place for Foxy to sit.
3. Die cut the following pieces
- From yellow cardstock: all 3 decorator labels included in the Lucy Label set. For the largest decorator label, die cut the label first then place the 2 slot dies on both ends and die cut.
- From black cardstock that has a Transparent Double-Sided Tape sheet applied already: die cut one Thank You.
4. Adhere a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Tape to white cardstock, remove release sheet, place desired peel-offs onto adhesive then cover with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Color with alcohol markers and cut out images using Fine Pointed Scissors. Click HERE to view a tutorial from Els about this technique.
5. Cut pattern paper at 3.5″ x 4.5″ and adhere to front of card base. Adhere Foxy and (2) paws to front of card. Place Branches with Leaves peel-off in the upper right corner. Use Borders peel-offs to create a frame. See top photo for placement.
6. Adhere pattern paper pop up to card base, avoiding any adhesive in the pop up areas.
7. Use a Transfer Sheet to apply negative paw images to a decorator Lucy Label. Click HERE to view a tutorial from Els about using Transfer Sheets.
8. Adhere “Thank You” to the slotted label. Place ribbon through the slots, fold excess ribbon around and adhere to back of pop up label. (See photo below). Adhere remaining Lucy Label decorator pieces, Foxy and desired peel-offs to card. (Scroll up and see 2nd photo for placement). Tip: to adhere Foxy, place adhesive on the bump, not Foxy.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock: rust, yellow, black, white and pattern paper
Green Grosgrain Ribbon (Stampin’ Up!)
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers