Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson with another idea using Susan’s Garden Notes holiday dies. It is the time of year when we are starting to think of gift ideas. Receiving a gift in a beautiful package is always exciting. Today I will show you how I decorated this small gift box.
- Use a template to create a Pillow Box out of cardstock. There are many patterns on the Internet for Pillow boxes, or you can use the Memory Keepers Pillow Box Punch Board, which I used. This is a 7-inch long Pillow Box. To attach the sides to create the box, use ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- For decoration, cut a band that will fit around the middle of the box. The band on this box is 2 1/2 inches wide. Add Viva Inka-Gold around the sides of the band. Attach the end with ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Using Susan’s Garden Notes Poinsettia die, cut enough petals to make two poinsettias. Shape the Poinsettias using Susan’s Tool Kit. I die cut the petals using 85 lb Soft Finish Cardstock and colored them with a Copic RV11 marker. The bracts of the poinsettia were created using Viva Yellow and Green Paper Pens.
- Die cut six poinsettia leaves. I used 85 lb Soft Finish Cardstock and sponged leaves with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. Inka Gold was rubbed around the edges.
- Die cut 8 to 10 Susan’s Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs.
- Glue the pine boughs to the top of the box, then add the poinsettias with dimensional glue dots. If you haven’t glued the green leaves to the underside of the poinsettia, glue them over the Whitepine Boughs so they show well around the poinsettias.
- Create a bow using gold cord and tuck it under the edge of the poinsettias; this will tie in the gold on both ends of the box.
- Use Elizabeth Craft Christmas Peel Off Stickers for the Sentiment.
A beautifully decorated pillow box is perfect for any small gift, including money. What do you think – maybe this beautiful gift box will be treasured as much, if not more, than the gift inside!!!
Pillow Box Pattern or Pillow Box Punch Board
Copic RV11 Marker
Viva Inka Gold
Viva Green (703) Paper Pen
Viva Yellow (201) Paper Pen
Mowed Lawn Distress Ink
Dimensional Glue Dots