Hi Y’all, Robyn here of RainbowWeaves , excited to be guest designing for the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog, sharing with you the new A Way With Words die set designed by Suzanne Cannon of Quietfire Design,. It celebrates my love for Artist Trading Cards (ATCs).
The 2 ½ x 3 ½ size limit sparks my creative imagination and can simply highlight a beautiful sentiment or focal image. They are also a great way to use up small stash scraps.
ATCs are only gifted or traded, never sold, fostering artistic and cultural exchange and world peace.
The New Year is a wonderful time to party, so why not give a tiny piece of art as an invitation. There is plenty of room to write all the particulars on the back.
I bet you can’t make just one! And it doesn’t take long if you want to make a bunch.
- Trim Soft Finish Cardstock to 2 ½ x 3 ½ inches.
- Remove one side of the cover paper of Clear Double Sided Adhesive and adhere to the back of patterned paper and trim to 2 ½ x 3 ½ inches.
- Remove the other cover paper and adhere the patterned paper to the Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Removing the cover paper a bit at a time, carefully place 1/4 inch Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the edges of the ATC, leaving a bit to overlap. These photos are of another ATC and the process is the same.
- Press down well on the cover paper, before you remove it, and cut off any excess on the edges of the card.
- Remove the cover paper and place the card in your glitter box. (Els has a video on this.)
- Sprinkle Silver Silk Microfine Glitter onto the border and rub in with your finger to polish. Wipe the card with a Swiffer sheet to remove excess glitter.
- Removing one side of the cover paper, place Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet on both sides of a piece of fun foam.
- Die cut, It’s a Party die from the fun foam, running through a couple of times to ensure a clean cut through all of the layers.
- Position the die cut before you remove the backing paper to check the placement.
- Remove the cover paper on the back and carefully adhere the die cut to the card. Press down well.
- Remove the cover paper and place card in the glitter box and sprinkle the Green Silk Microfine Glitter on the die cut.
- Polish the glitter with your finger and remove excess glitter with the Swiffer sheet.
- Use a hole punch to cut small dots from Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet.
- Position the dots, then remove the cover paper, working one at a time, and adhere to the card. Layering dots will give you some extra dimension.
- Place the card in the glitter box, apply glitter to the dots, polish, and remove excess glitter with the Swiffer sheet.
I couldn’t make just one! These are embossed with embossing folders.
Word ‘Faith’ was die cut from Velvet Adhesive Sheet and embellished with some peel-off stickers.
Use a rubber mallet instead of the usual machine to selectively emboss.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- Soft finish Cardstock – 100 lb
- A Way With Word Dies
- Embossing folders
- Silk Microfine Glitter
- Velvet Paper
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive (1/4″ Tape)
- Rubber mallet
- Swiffer sheet
- Patterned paper
- Paper cutter
- Die cutting machine
- Craft foam
- Paper hole punch