It’s Jackeline and for my project today I decided to create a fun card using the new Joset Designs ‘Hot Air Balloons’ die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs making its debut at the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) trade show in California this weekend!
Let’s get started:
- Cut a 9 1/4″ x 6″ rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Make a score line at 4 3/4″ and fold the rectangle in half to create a top-fold card base.
- Die cut a Stitched Rectangle from Bluebell Soft Finish Cardstock using the largest rectangle in the set.
- Die cut 6 clouds from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the cloud die from the Rainbow Sky die set. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, ink 3 clouds using Faded Jeans Distress Ink. Keep the other 3 clouds white.
- Die cut a sun from Sunflower Soft Finish Cardstock using the sun die from the Rainbow Sky set.
- To make the banner: Cut a 2 3/4″ x 3/4″ rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Position only short end of the white rectangle inside the Big Banner die with the V-shaped cutout at the end and run it through the machine only partway to cut the V. Do NOT run it all the way through!
- Repeat the same process with a 2 5/8″ x 1 /2″ rectangle cut from Black Soft Finish Cardstock, this time using the small V-shaped Banner die. Layer the black piece on top of the white piece, securing with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Add a Gold Happy Birthday peel-off to the banner. (Option: Use a different greeting.)
- To create the striped balloon die cut 5 hot air balloon overlays from Spring Green, True Blue, Ladybug Red, Sunflower. and Mustard Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Using the Fine Pointed Scissors cut each balloon into pieces following the score lines. Build a striped balloon by arranging pieces in the color progression shown or as you prefer. Set aside the extra pieces for additional cards. Add 2 rows of Red Glitter Lines Peel-offs to the basket as shown below.
- Assemble the card front as shown on the project photo, using Clear Double Sided Adhesive to secure the pieces. Optional: Add foam tape beneath some of the clouds to add extra dimension.
I hope this tutorial will help you to find inspiration for your next project and that you enjoyed it.
Happy Crafting !!!
Elizabeth Craft Designs