Hello! Summer Hills-Painter here today with a shaker card project. In the new CHA collections, Karen Burniston released a hot air balloon die and I just knew this would be perfect for a shaker card. This project would be great for students going off to college, a coworker who is moving to a new company or position, and many other life events.
Here is how to make the card:
To assemble the shaker-
- Cut 2 whole balloons from solid cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, 1 whole balloon from acetate, 1 Layering piece from patterned cardstock, 1 layering piece from craft foam with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front and back, 1 basket from patterned cardstock and the top from solid cardstock, 1 scallop piece from white cardstock.
2. Place the layering die over one of the whole balloons and run through your die cutting machine
3. Attach the patterned layering piece to the acetate and then add the piece cut from the whole balloon in the previous step
4. Attach the fun foam layering piece to the back of the acetate and fill with microbeads, sequins, and confetti
5. Add second whole balloon to the back of the balloon. Now the shaker portion is complete.
6. Trim off the excess from the white cardstock scallop. Adhere your decorative pieces and glitter lines to the shaker.
To assemble the Pull tab card —
1. Cut your card base layers:
1 solid cardstock piece at 5 ½” x 4 ¼”
1 solid cardstock piece at 5 3/8” x 4 1/8”
1 patterned cardstock piece at 5 1/4 “ x 4”
Adhere the layers together.
2. Cut the slider and base from mint green cardstock and add Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape as shown in the photo below.
3. Attach the slider to the base and then adhere to a piece of white cardstock measuring 4 1/8” x 3 1/8”
1 piece of light blue cardstock using the smallest layer from the Flourish Gift Frame die and stamp with the “Adventure Awaits” sentiment from the What’s Up? Clear Stamp set.
Hand letter “Best of Luck” on the Pull Tab base layer.
Die cut 1 cloud and attach to the top of the slider.
5. Die cut and adhere two more clouds to the light blue cardstock and adhere the cardstock to the sliding base.
6. Adhere the hot air balloon to the sliding layer and the sliding layer to the base.
Your card is now complete!
Here is a fantastic video by Karen Burniston on how to assemble the Pull Tab Card:
Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Other Supplies –
Cardstock in white, pink, and mint green
Versafine inkpad in Smokey Gray
For shaker: Sequins and micro beads