Hello!! It’s Wanda Hentges here. I am super excited to be sharing a project using two of the brand new, Spring Release 2016, A Way With Words dies. I’ve made a card but this project could easily be expanded upon and made into a scrapbook page or even a home decor piece. I’ve combined the new words with an altered piece of Through The Lens Patterned Cardstock (Wood) , Susan’s Lilac die and Els’ Small Butterfly.
Let’s get started!!
1. Choose a piece of Through The Lens paper – I used one from the Wood pack. Rub inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber) on your craft sheet keeping the colors close but not overlapping them, spray with water, press paper into ink, and lift. You can choose to press some areas of the paper in color again or dry your paper as is. Those extra orange spots in the upper left corner are created by lightly pressing the paper back into some spots of color. Dry your paper completely. Trim paper to be 5 3/4″ square. Apply embossing paste through the stencil, scraping the paste even with the stencil. Let dry. If you’d like the stenciling to be a brighter white, place the stencil back on and sponge white paint over the paste.
2. Cut words from Dark Fuchsia and White Soft Finish Cardstock. Glue words together, offset, with the white on top.
3. Color Dusty Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock with PanPastel Violet and cut flower petals 5 times. Cut 2 branches from Dark Goldenrod. Cut 3 leaf branches and 2 sets of single leaves from Olive Twist. See YouTube Video HERE for shaping and assembling Lilac. I shaded the tree branch with Vintage Photo ink. I added highlights to the leaves with PanPastel Bright Yellow Green. I cut one of the leaf branches apart and put the top 3 leaves to the right side of the photo and a single leaf below the beginning of the word Memories.
4. Cut Small Butterfly from White. Color center area of both sides of butterfly with PanPastel Violet. Add Wink of Stella to outside (still white) area of the wings, both sides. Bend butterfly as shown, add a small amount of glue on the inside of the fold and slightly up on the wings, and press together.
5. Create 6″ square folded card from Dusky Lavender. Sponge white paint around edges of altered Through the Lens paper, dry and adhere to card.
6. Tint Photo Booth picture using Distress Marker. Color jacket and hat and then blot with a paper towel to leave a light “tint” of color.
7. Attach picture, words, lilac and butterfly as shown. Dot the centers of the paste flowers with Distress Marker and Wink of Stella pen.
Supply List —
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
- A Way With Words – Spring (from 4 Seasons set), Memories (Coming Soon)
- Susan’s Garden Notes – Lilac
- Els van de Burgt Studio – Small Butterfly
- Flower Stencil
- Soft Finish Cardstock – White, Dusky Lavender, Dark Fuschia, Dark Goldenrod, Olive Twist
- Through the Lens – Wood Series
- Susan’s Garden – 4 piece Tool Set
- Susan’s Garden – Large Molding Pad
- Susan’s Garden – Leaf Pad
- Susan’s Garden – PanPastel Flower Coloring Kit 1
Other Supplies –
- White Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi Studio 490)
- Palette Knife
- Snowflake Paint (PaperArtsy)
- Distress Ink – Vintage Photo, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber (Ranger)
- Distress Marker – Wilted Violet (Ranger)
- PhotoBooth Picture (Tim Holtz Idea-ology)
- Wink of Stella – Gl. Clear
- Scotch Create Tacky Glue (3M)