Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson today with a card designed with Susan’s new Spring Release, CountryScapes Wisteria Vine dies, that will be available very soon. This card could be used for many occasions by adding any personalized sentiment inside.
Instructions for creating this card:
- This is a 6×6 inch card. Use a piece of Soft White Cardstock 6 inches by 12 inches and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock slightly smaller for background.
- Use Susan’s CountryScapes Cloud/Grass die set to die cut cloud stencil. Use Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink to sponge white ink into cloud stencil to create clouds in the sky.
- Use Susan’s Brown Pan Pastel to sponge on the very bottom of the card front to resemble dirt. This will look like a dirt path under the gate.
- Die cut all the pieces for the vine using the CountryScapes Wisteria Vine dies. The number of flower petals and leaves you will die cut depends on how full you want your vine. I love Wisteria so I have die cut a lot of pieces. The leaves were glued to the vine first, then all the Wisteria flowers were glued on. A few extra leaves were then glued around some of the flowers to create a full vine.
- Use the CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence die set to die cut two fence pieces and one gate. Shade die cut pieces with the Light Grey Pan Pastel. Add a brad for gate knob. Sides of fence will need to be trimmed down when scene is assembled.
- Use the Country Scapes Cloud/Grass die set to die cut several grass die cuts. I cut between each of the blades of grass using the Elizabeth Craft fine pointed scissors, then glued several die cuts together, to create thick grass.
- Stamp Susan’s Seeds of Thought “Take Time” stamp on another piece of the Soft Sky, Soft Finish Cardstock. Trim around the sentiment with scissors,
- Die cut two corners from the Els van de Burgt Studio Corners 1 die set, for the upper corners.
- Use the Garden Notes Bugs & Butterfly dies to die cut three butterflies. Sponge on desired color using Pan Pastels or Distress Ink.
- Assemble all die cut pieces as shown and glue the sentiment to the left side of the gate.
Creating a beautiful Country Scene, such as this, always makes me smile and feel very happy. I think anyone receiving this card will feel the same way.
Pan Pastels Brown and Light Grey
Memento Luxe Wedding Dress Ink
VersaFine Black Ink
Distress Ink of choice