Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. The inspiration behind this card came from my Dad who loves m & m’s. When I looked at the new Wedding Charms champagne glasses I noticed they could be feet too. I love it when I can use my dies for multiple uses! Let me show you how I made this “Yummy” card.
- Die cut the following pieces shown in the photo below
- Using Accordion Circle die cut one each in Soft Finish Cardstock – Spring Green and Sunflower
- Using the largest circle from Accordion Circle die cut one each in Soft Finish Cardstock – Spring Green and Sunflower. Using the Clear Stamps, stamp “Sweet” from Baby, “Wishes” from Best Wishes, and “Happy Birthday” from Steampunk using black ink.
- Using Square with Circle Frame Edges, die cut (4) Soft Finish Cardstock – white and (8) Soft Finish Cardstock – Dark Chocolate. Tip: Adding Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets prior to die cut will make assembly much easier and quicker.
2. Die cut the following pieces shown in the photo below
- Using the smallest circle from Accordion Circle, die cut (1) Soft Finish Cardstock – Bluebell and Dark Chocolate. Stamp “M” from Best Wishes onto both circles using Versamark, cover with white embossing powder and heat set.
- Using Honey the Bear, die cut (2) Soft Finish Cardstock – Buttercream and White mid sections. Cut the arms and hands out from the die cut as shown. Adhere the white hands to the arms to resemble gloves.
- Using Wedding Charms, die cut (2) champagne glasses from Soft Finish Cardstock – Buttercream and White for the legs. On the white die cut, cut the bottom oval portion of the glass off. Adhere the white ovals to the glasses to resemble shoes.
- Using Rocky the Crab, die cut (2) sets of eyes from Soft Finish Cardstock – White and (2) mouths & (1) body from Soft Finish Cardstock – Rich Black. Cut the legs off and use as eye brows.
- Using Evergreen Pivot, die cut (2) sets of presents from Soft Finish Cardstock – Spring Green, Sunflower, Dark Chocolate and Bluebell.
3. Assemble the base card – Lay both panels out with the tabs to the right. Add Clear Double Sided Tape to the long and short tabs to the panel on the left. Connect the long tab to the panel on the right. Do not connect the short tab until you have finished decorating your card. Cut off the long and short tabs on the panel on the right.
4. Adhere Frame Edges cut in step 1 to card base. See photos for placement.
5. Adhere stamped large circles cut in step 1 to card base.
6. Assemble the m & m guys using photos as a guide, then adhere them to the circles. Adhere presents to card base.
7. If you are satisfied with the look of your card, connect the short tab on the left to the panel on the right.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Soft Finish Cardstock: Spring Green, Sunflower, Buttercream, Dark Chocolate, Bluebell, White, Rich Black
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
Versamark embossing ink
White embossing powder
Versafine Black ink
Very cute idea, Raquel! Great card!
Fabulous card Raquel!!
Brilliant use of Karen’s dies to create the M&Ms. Love this card!
so sweet Raquel,
LOVE this card!
like it. the M&M blue is my favorite one. great job.
What a great card. M & M’s are my favorite, too. I love how you used the champagne glasses as feet – very clever. Thanks for sharing.
Such fun yet simple ideas! Lovely card Raquel!
WOW!….now that is talent…about talent…was so excited about making that card until I saw all the dies you used…what a creative mind…so so adorable.
Oh MY! Raquel, You are so clever to use your dies in so many new ways. Great card, and I love the “Rocky” eyebrows. Happy Birthday to your Dad…a fellow M& M lover.
Cute card Raquel – love M&Ms!