Hi, it’s Sandy Diller here to share a Halloween Pop it Up with you. Who doesn’t love a costume party? Some of Karen Burniston’s fun Characters are showing off their disguises for you today. You may remember (Monster Mouse) Frankin-Mouse from last year. He is accompanied by Witchy-Whiskers and Count Vamp-Hoppy.
2. Using Midnight the Bat, cut one small bat. Add googly eyes and place at top of greeting.
3. Using the Accordion Circle Card – cut 4 accordion panels & 4 accessory circles.
4. Using Square With Circle Frame Edges, cut 5 sets. (total of 20)
5. Using Jolly the Mouse, cut body, tail & feet from green. Not your normal mouse, this is a Frankin-Mouse. Cut shadow from black and eyes from yellow.
6. Using Hoppy the Frog, cut shadow layer from black and body from green. White eyes.
7. Using Whiskers the Cat, cut shadow layer from a light color because we want a black cat. Cut body from black, green eyes and pink for the ears and nose. Oh yes, don’t forget those whiskers.
8. Using the Halloween Scene, cut one black spider.
9. Using Props 9, cut and assemble one witch hat.
10. Using Rainy Day, cut 2 umbrellas and cut in half. (this is for the cape on Count Vamp-Hoppy)
11. Using Props 2, cut 1 black bow (not shown)
12. Join the panels together using the side tabs and a strong adhesive, ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape was used here. The most important thing to remember when joining these panels is to be sure the side tabs are all going in the same direction. The tab on the end will be cut off – it has nothing to attach to.
13. Add edges to 4 panels on the front and to the end panel on the back side. As with all accordion cards, the back of the end panel will become your card front.
14. Arrange the umbrella halves to look like a cape, draw a line to connect the string together as shown on the photo above. Add black bow. The fangs are the horns from Brownie the Cow. Cut one black triangle for the hairline.
15. Assemble each character in a spooky Halloween style.
16. To see a video on how to make Jolly into Frankin-Mouse, click here.
17. When gluing the shadow layer on Witch-Whiskers – don’t add glue to the tail section so you can add the hat.
18. Add characters to the card, fold joint lines – first a valley fold followed by a mountain fold etc, etc.
19. The last step is always attaching the tabs.
Wishing you a spooky Halloween,
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products used: