Hi and welcome, it’s Sandy Diller here today. We recently returned from a wonderful trip to Europe where we took lots of photos. We visited so many beautiful places and noticed other people taking photos as well. Some were serious photographers and some were so funny as they posed for their selfies. Jinks the Monkey is joining the rest of the tourists today and snapping a selfie.
The finished size of this card is 6″ X 6″.
- Using the Twist Circle Pop Up (available soon) cut two large circles, one red, one blue. One stitched circle from blue and one black beaded ring. All included in the die set.
2. Using the Outdoor Edges, cut two lengths of grass. Approximately 1.25″ high by 6″ long.
3. Using the Eiffel Tower Pop Stand cut one tower – then using the sandwich recommended for your machine, emboss the tower.
4. Using the Jinks the Monkey die, cut a complete Jinks and assemble. If you need help with the assembly – you can see a video by clicking here.
5. Make the selfie stick – cutting by hand – leaving a very long handle that will be trimmed off later. The cell phone used here is a rectangular brad but it could be easily drawn by hand or computer-generated.
6. Cut one panel that is 6″ X 4″. Crease down the center. Using the Pull Card Edges cut one edge. The crease will line up with the left side of the card covering the holes.
7. Cut another smaller panel and trim with the same Pull Card Edge.
8. Layer the two panels together leaving a small black shadow on the edge.
9. Using the Hot Air Balloon die and the All Seasons Tree die cut clouds and edge with Distress Ink.
10. Using the Twist Circle Pop Up die cut the pop up part in the center of the card. To see complete instructions click here for a video.
My paper was white on the inside of the card so I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to color the blue of the sky.
11. Combine circles for front of card and stamp “Bonjour” with the Just A Note Clear Stamps
12. Assemble front of card.
13. Add grass & Eiffel Tower to card. Take care when adding Eiffel Tower to card, being sure that the tower does not interfere with the movement of the Twist Circle.
14. Add Jinks to blue circle and glue selfie stick in hand. Add circle to pop up section of card. Add clouds and other embellishments as desired. The luggage on this card are stickers from my stash.
15. Round outer corners if desired.
Have a great week,
Other supplies used: