Hi, It’s Kelly Booth here. One of my favorite things about making cards yourself is that you can customize them to specific colors. I had a wedding to go to and loved that I could give them a card made in their special colors.
Today I’m using the new Anita Frames Pop Up die set just released by Karen Burniston for the wedding card. Other dies we will be using are the new Circles & Label set, the Wedding Charms set, Stitched Squares, Poppy The Owl (tiny heart), Petit Flourish Stage it Stencil, and the Best Wishes Clear Stamps.
Here is my card front:
The card opened up:
- Begin by cutting two pieces of card stock 5″.5″ by 11″ – one in burgundy and one in White Soft Finish Cardstock. Score each of these in half so you have two 5″.5″ x 5″.5″ cards. Place the Anita Frames Pop Up die in the center of the white card lining up the nibs to the fold and run through the die cutting machine. Carefully ‘train’ and work the folds. Place double sided adhesive pieces on the back of the white card staying away from the open areas and adhere to the inside of the burgundy card.
- Take the Petite Flourish Stage it Stencil and place it on one side of the inside of the card. Using a stencil brush or blending tool randomly rub on a little olive green ink to each side.These are the Dies we will be using:
- Using the largest label from the Circle and Label set cut one out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. While you have your stencil out place it over the top and rub in a little olive green ink, mainly on the edges as the center will not show. (Set this aside for later.)
- Place Double Sided Adhesive onto a piece of olive green cardstock 5″.5″ x 8″5″. From this Cut one Large Stitched Square, 4 Trim pieces (Found in the Anita Frames), and one Small Label from the Anita Frames set. (Set aside.)
- Place double sided adhesive on a small piece of Burgundy cardstock about 5″.5″ by 4″.25″. From this cut 1 of the smallest Labels from the Circle & Label set and 2 Large Labels from the Anita Frames. (Set aside.)
- Take a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Double Sided Adhesive Tape and cut one large label from the Anita Frames, 1 medium label from the Anita Frames, and 1 label using the second largest from the Circle & Label Set (for front).
- Using the Best Wishes Stamp set, stamp Mr. & Mrs. on the circle label you just cut. Stamp Best Wishes in olive on the smaller of the white labels you have left.
- Let’s start assembling the card: Place the Large Stitched Square evenly on the front using double sided adhesive. Place the stenciled label evenly in the center of the square. Place the white Mr. & Mrs. label inside using pop dots or foam tape so it pops up slightly.
- Peel off the adhesive backing from the Anita Frames Borders and place them evenly onto your card. Using the three Burgundy labels you cut, peel off the adhesive backing and place the small ones in the center labels and the large one off to the right bottom of the card. Place the small green label on the center of the burgundy one on the left and the best wishes white label on the right label. Place the remaining white label over the burgundy one on the right bottom of the card where you have a place to sign your name.
- Place a piece of double sided adhesive onto White Soft Finish Cardstock (about 4″ x 5″) and die cut two sets of rings from the Wedding Charms set with the adhesive side facing up. Cut a Bride’s Gown and champagne glasses from the Wedding Charms the same way. Peel back the adhesive and glitter one ring, the gown and champagne glasses using Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with a fingertip and brush/shake off excess. (Set aside.) Peel back the adhesive on your remaining ring die cut and polish on Silver Silk Microfine Glitter the same way. Snip off the charm hanger from the gown and the champagne glasses. Snip off the diamond from the Warm Diamond-glittered ring and glue it onto the diamond on the silver ring.
- Die cut from the Wedding Charms one Burgundy Gown, 1 Burgundy Suit, 1 Black Suit and the tiny shirt die in white. Snip out the v from the black suit where the shirt will go, adhere the black suit to the burgundy suit, using liquid adhesive adhere the shirt to the suit. This makes it so you have a burgundy bow tie.
- Adhere the dress and the suit to the left label inside. Remove the Burgundy flourish from the dress you cut and place it inside the one on the card using liquid adhesive. Place the champagne glasses on the front of the card under Mr. & Mrs.
- Take a piece of thread and thread it through the hole in the rings and tie a knot. Cut a small strip of White Soft FInish Cardstock (about 1/4″) and place a strip of double sided adhesive tape onto it. Score it in half, remove the backing place the string from the ring in the center hanging down just a little and adhere it inside that top border making sure the rings are facing the right way.
- Last, I took a small scrap of White Soft Finish Cardstock about 2″ x 2″, placed double sided adhesive on it, removed the backing and rubbed in some Bright Cranberry Silk Microfine Glitter. from that piece I die cut two of the tiny hearts from the Poppy the Owl set and placed them on the front of the card by the Champagne glasses using a little liquid adhesive.
Your card is now finished. I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.
Thank you for coming by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today and have a Super Day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
S007 Stage it Stencil Petite Flourish
CS018 Clear Stamps – Best Wishes
PSF102 Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ x 11″
639 Warm Diamond – Silk Microfine Glitter
603 Silver – Silk Microfine Glitter
510 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape – 101mm
507 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape – 10mm
506 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape – 6mm
Other Supplies: Black, Olive and Burgundy cardstock, Olive and Black Ink, Ink Blending Tool, Liquid Adhesive, Foam Tape, Acrylic Block (for temporarily mounting the stamp).
Love the card Kelly! I can’t wait to use that pop up!
beautiful card Kelly
Great card and tutorial.
OMG, I love this card and your tutorial is also great!
Love these colors together Kelly – great tutorial.
What a great card and tutorial. Thanks, Kelly.
Beautiful card Kelly!