Happy Saturday to you! I hope this post finds you well! It’s Wanda here. As I write this post, the weather here in south central Iowa is unseasonably warm and according to the weather man it will still be this way when the post goes live. I’m thankful that winter is holding off, although if it was as fun and cute as this card I wouldn’t mind it a bit. The A Way With Words Brrrrrrr die is so much fun for cards and it would be fabulous to use on wintery scrapbook pages. I also love that an extra snowflake is included in the die set!
Let’s Get Started —
- Cut white cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″. Die cut the word at an angle in the center of the piece.
2. Take the panel and make a straight cut through the area where the word was cut out. We will be using the bottom piece along with the word die cut. Set aside the top piece to use in Step 7.
3. Die cut the snowflake from adhesive backed fun foam to use as a stamp.
4. Cut a piece of heavy plastic packaging, remove backing from foam, attach snowflake to plastic. Your stamp is now ready to use. I chose to temporarily attach it to an acrylic block for extra control. Cut 85# White Cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Stamp snowflake with Embossing Ink and emboss with clear powder. Spray panel with Tumbled Glass Spray Stain; dry. If using a heat tool to dry, be careful not to remelt the embossing powder. Flick panel with water and dry.
5. Die cut bird from #100 Cardstock. Color pieces with Distress Ink using a Mini Ink Blending Tool. Assemble bird. (Not shown – I colored the extra die cut circle black and glued it behind the hole for the bird’s eye)
6. Attach half panel and word to background leaving a small border at the sides and bottom.
7. Take the discarded top of the word panel, tear a piece to create a ‘snow mound,’ and attach as shown.
8. Cut a snowflake from scrap. Color with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.
9. Attach bird and snowflake as shown. Add Glitter Dots peel-ffs to both snowflakes.
10. Sponge glue on edges of assembled panel and add Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Let dry. (This is hard to see in the picture but the glitter really catches the light and sparkles just like snow in the sunshine.)
11. Attach panel to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ folded white card.
I really had fun making today’s card and it makes me smile every time I look at it!!! I hope your November is good and, if you are in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving!
Elizabeth Craft Design’s Supplies —
- A Way With Words – Brrrrr
- Joset Designs – Birds
- 100# White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 85# White Soft Finish Cardstock
- Silk Microfine Glitter – Warm Diamond
- Peel Off Stickers – Glitter Dots Silver/Gold
Other Supplies —
- Distress Spray Stain – Tumbled Glass (Ranger)
- Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo (Ranger)
- Mini Ink Blending Tool (Ranger)
- Embossing Powder – Clear (Ranger)