Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today to share a gift card holder featuring Whiskers the Cat. Now that Christmas is over, there’s no need to put the Sleigh Gift Card Holder die set away. As you will see with this card, it’s put to good use year round. Instead of using the sleigh that comes with the set, I have used Whiskers the Cat instead. Let’s jump right in and get started with the tutorial!
- Cut a piece of light blue cardstock measuring 4 1/4 x 11. Score and fold at 5 1/2 for the card base.
- Cut a piece of pattern paper at 4 x 10 1/2. Score at 5 1/4, place Sleigh Gift Card Holder die on the fold ensuring the alignment nubs are on the score line and die cut.
- Die cut the following pieces from Flourish Gift Frame
- (1) Flourish frame in red Tip: adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to the red cardstock prior to die cutting to make the pieces into a sticker.
- (1) each rectangle pattern paper (largest), red cardstock (middle size), and white cardstock (smallest)
- (1) Celebrate in red – optional color this with a red gel pen to add a little bit of shine.
4. Die cut the following pieces from Whiskers the Cat-
- (2) shadow layers from black cardstock (trim one to the head only)
- (2) detail layer from Beige Velvet (trim one to the head only)
- (2) collars from red cardstock
- (2) noses from Pink Velvet
- (4) whiskers’ from white cardstock
- (4) eyes from white cardstock
5. Die cut the following pieces from Props 2-
- (1) each balloon, shadow layer of hat and pom-pom from red cardstock
- (1) hat detail layer from light blue cardstock
- (1) string from black cardstock
6. Assemble front of card using photos for placement. Adhere the frame first, then the pattern paper rectangle, curve the “Celebrate” sentiment, and then adhere Whiskers. Add Glitter Dots on the collar if desired. Tip: place Whiskers eyes as if he’s looking up at the sentiment.
7. To assemble the inside of the card, put adhesive on the pattern paper die cut in step 2 avoiding the main pop up area including the little tabs that will hold the gift card in place. I did put adhesive on the little pop up tab on the right as I wasn’t using it. Assemble Whiskers using photos for placement. Tip: add Glitter Dots to the hat & collar prior to adhering to card. Place adhesive on the (2) boxes of the pop up and adhere Whiskers to it. Adhere the red and light blue rectangles die cut in step 3 to the bottom of the card.
Optional – make a coordinating envelope. I die cut another Whiskers, using scissors I cut in between his legs so they would be on the front of the patterned paper to hold the present.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to make a gift card holder, too!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Black, red, and light blue card stock from Stampin’ Up!
Red Glaze pen