Hi Everyone! It’s Katelyn here, sharing a feminine Celebrate Card with you. With the winter season feeling like it’s dragging on, I thought I would create a card that was bright and cheerful. To make this card I used some of the new and classic dies from Joset Designs and Els van de Burgt Studio. Let me show you how to make it.
1. Use the Curvy Leaves Die set to cut four two-leaf and four three-leaf pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using a blending tool, blend Bundled Sage Distress Ink over each leaf. Shape the leaves using the leaf tool and leaf pad. Trim off a bit of the stems on the leaves.
2. Die cut the word “celebrate” from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
3. Using the Bunch of Flowers 3 die set die cut six of the small flowers out of patterned papers. Using the tools in the All Metal Tool Set, shape all six flowers. Ink the edges of the flowers with Walnut Stain Distress Ink using a blending tool to apply the ink.
4. Using the medium size die from the same die set, cut five flowers from patterned papers. Shape and blend petals with ink per step 3.
5. Use the large die from the same set to cut two flowers frompatterned paper. Shape and blend petals with ink as in step 3.
6. Adhere the small coral patterned flowers to the cream patterned flowers. You’ll end up with four coral and cream flowers. Adhere the small dotted flowers to the navy flowers. Adhere the navy flowers to the large coral flowers. You’ll end up with two coral and navy flowers. As a finishing touch add a Transparent Glitter/Gold Dot to each flower.
7. Using the Dotted Scalloped Oval die set, cut the 2 1/4″ and 2 3/4″ dotted scalloped ovals from patterned papers. Using a blending tool,ink the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
8. Die cut the Diamond Background out of patterned paper. From the background, cut two pieces that measure 2″ x 2″. Using a blending tool, ink the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
9. Use the 4″ Stitched Rectangles die to cut patterned paper. Tear a bit at the top and bottom and fold forward to reveal some of the second pattern. Distress the edges. Ink the distressed edges with Waknut Stain Distress Ink.
10. Repeat step 9, this time with the 4 1/2″ Stitched Rectangle and a different patterned paper.
11. Adhere the small stitched rectangle to the large stitched rectangle. Adhere one of the 2″ Diamond Background pieces to the back so it peeks out near the tear at the top of the rectangle. Repeat with the second 2″ Diamond Background piece at the tear toward the bottom of the rectangle.
12. Adhere the large Scalloped Oval to the rectangle using foam squares for dimension. Center and adhere the Scalloped Oval. Adhere the word “celebrate”. Refer to the photo above.
13. Create a curved flower bunch at the right side of the Scalloped Oval as shown above: Two cream/coral flowers and one coral/navy flower. Tuck and glue two two-leaf and two three-leaf pieces amongst the flowers. (Three-leaf pieces at the ends of the curve, facing the middle of the oval.)
14. Repeat step 13, this time creating a curve at the left side of the Scalloped Oval.
15. To finish the card, cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock measuring 6″ x 9 1/2″, score at 4 3/4″ and fold to create a top-fold card base. Adhere the layered rectangle to the front, centered, leaving a narrow white border..
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own feminine Celebrate Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Distress Ink – Bundled Sage for Leaves. Walnut Stain for inking edges of flowers, scalloped ovals, stitched rectangles and background.
Ranger Ink – Mini Blending Tool and Replacement Foam
Graphic45 – Cafe Parisian – 12×12 Solids and Patterns, Upper Crust, Creme de la Creme, Cafe Parisian and Postage Patisserie