DT Melanie here to share a fun birthday card that I created for a close friend of mine. She has an adorable little long-haired dachshund named Sadie. She keeps us company when I am over crafting at their house.
Directions on how to create this sweet card:
1. Cut brown cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11″; score at 5 1/2″ and fold in half for the top-fold card base.
2. Die cut the largest Dotted Scallop Rectangle from patterned paper.
3. Cut the word ‘HAPPY’ from a sheet of word-filled scrapbook paper. Mat with the same brown cardstock used for the card base. Note: If this paper isn’t available, hand-letter or computer-generate a rectangle with the word, spelled out in block capital letters.
4. Using permanent black ink, stamp the dog, cloud, and bone from the “Dreamers” stamp set.
5. Color using Copic markers E53, E39, E59, RV11, and RV14. Use the Black Multi Liner to strengthen (darken) the stamped lines of the dog after coloring in with such dark colors. See close-up photo below.
6. Use coordinating dies to cut the dog, cloud and bone. Even the bone has a die!!!
7. Use foam tape to add dimension under the dog and cloud.
8. Using the Happy Birthday stamp and bright pink ink or a color of your choice, ink up only the bottom half of the stamp and stamp the word “Birthday” under the rectangle with the word “Happy” on the card front. Refer to the photo below for inking the stamp and the project photo for the placement of the stamped word. Tip for beginners: If you accidentally goof when stamping “Birthday” and it’s not perfect don’t worry – just stamp on an extra piece of patterned paper, mat with brown cardstock; glue it over the imperfectly-stamped word to camouflage the mistake!
Have an awesome day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Product List:
Brown card stock
Patterned paper of your choice
Ink pads in black and pink