Since Spring is almost here, I was inspired to combine the amazing new Tea Time Stamp Set with the Accordion Fancy Label dies to create a fun and colorful panel card that offers a lot of pizzazz for not too much effort.
Here’s how I made the card:
- Using permanent black ink, stamp the cupcake, stack of tea cups, tea pot and single tea cup onto 85 lb. Soft Finish White Cardstock. Using the coloring medium of your choice, color the images in a coordinated palette of purple, green and yellow, with a touch of red. I used Inktense pencils. Die cut them using the matching Tea Time Dies.
- Using detail black ink, stamp the “Just A Note to Say” and the “Enjoy Your Day” stamps from the Just A Note Clear Stamp set onto 85 lb. Soft Finish White Cardstock (Photo A). Color every other letter in “Enjoy” in green, then color the remaining letters in yellow. I used my lighter yellow Inktense pencil. Trim around both sentiments leaving a white border all the way around them (Photo B). Add foam tape to the back of the “Just a Note to Say” piece.
- Using the large piece from the Accordion Fancy Label Die Set, cut 2 pieces from 100 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock and 1 piece from Mint Green Soft Finish Cardstock. Trim the long folding tab and the small short tabs off of 1 of the white panels. Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to the back of a 5” x 3” piece of Mint Green Soft Finish Cardstock and to the back of the same size Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock. Using the largest nesting die in the Accordion Fancy Label Die Set, cut 1 from Perfect Purple Soft Finish Cardstock, cut 1 from Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock and 1 piece from a coordinating purple patterned paper.
- Using the polka dot die from the Fancy Seasons Frame Edges Die Set, cut 4 pieces from the Mint Green Soft Finish Cardstock with the adhesive on the back and 4 pieces from the Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock with adhesive on the back (Photo A). With the largest piece from the Accordion Fancy Label Die Set, cut 1 each from 2 different coordinating patterned papers. Cut the middle panel out and the flaps off to create frames to cover 1 of the White previously-cut panels and the Mint Green previously-cut panel (Photo B).
- Peel the adhesive off of the back of one of the Mint Green polka dot frame pieces (die cut in Step 3) and adhere it in the center of one of the sides of the White panels. Then adhere one of the Lavender polka dot pieces next to the Mint Green piece (at a 90 degree angle) making sure to make the patterns meet up in the corner and allowing the pieces to float in the middle of the frame edges (there will be white on each side). Continue around the edges, adhering down alternating pieces of Mint Green and Lavender on both White panels. You can rotate the colors between the two White panels (as I did), if desired.
- To assemble the card, put 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back of the patterned paper frames and adhere 1 of them to the Mint Green panel (this will be your center panel when the card is open). Add tape to the side flaps on the Mint Green and White panels. Adhere the white panel with no flaps to the mint green panel by pressing the white panel on to the mint green flap (this will be your first panel). Then adhere the mint green panel to the second white panel by pressing the mint green panel on to the white flap (this will be your last panel; Photo A). ‘Train’ the folds on the card panels (valley fold first, then mountain fold) and the center pieces so the center piece on the first panel will rotate to the front of the card when closed. Adhere the second patterned paper frame on to the white panel that is the front of the card (this piece will have polka dots on the back; Photo B – shown with center piece finished). Note: To ‘train’ a fold, gently bend it along the score line so it’s ready for a firmer fold once the card is assembled.
- Add 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the backs of the Perfect Purple, Lavender and patterned paper nesting shapes cut in step 4. Adhere the patterned purple piece to the center of the first panel (white with polka dots on one side and patterned paper on other side). Adhere the Lavender piece to the center of the Mint Green panel. Adhere the Perfect Purple piece to the center of the second White panel. Add 6 mm & 3 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape (match size of tape to size of die cut) to the backs of each of the colored and die cut tea pieces as well as the “Enjoy Your Day” sentiment piece. Adhere the cupcake and “Enjoy Your Day” sentiment onto the Perfect Purple nesting piece on the last White panel. Adhere the tea pot and tea cup on to the Lavender nesting piece on the Mint Green panel in the middle. Adhere the stacking tea cups and the “Just A Note” sentiment (on foam tape) to the patterned purple nesting piece on the first panel. If desired, add some clear sparkle marker or Glossy accents now, before the center panels are connected.
- Once any Glossy Accents (if used) are dry, double check the outer card folds – the first fold between the White and Mint Green panels is a valley fold and the second between the Mint Green and second White panel is a mountain fold (folds were trained in Step 6). The stacked tea cups should rotate to the front when closed and the patterned paper side of the white panel (not the polka dot side) should be on the front. It’s important these folds are correct BEFORE you connect the inner panels together.
- Add small pieces of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the tabs on the center sections of the Mint Green and second White Panel. Stand the card up and fold it slightly to bring the Mint Green center piece to the first White center piece in front to the valley fold of the outside card. Adhere the center pieces together by pressing the green tabs on to the back of the white piece, creating a mountain fold. Then adhere the green panel to the second white panel by folding them close together behind the mountain fold of the outside card. Press the green piece on to the tabs on the white center piece to adhere them together and create a valley fold. The inner panels should fold in the opposite direction as the outer card folds. Close the card and use a bone folder, if necessary, to really crease the folds in place and flatten the card. Enjoy!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
Waterproof Black Ink
Detail Black Ink
Coordinating Patterned Paper
Clear Glitter/Sparkle Marker, optional
Black Glaze Pen