Hello Dear Friends
Welcome to ECD blog. Pavitra here and today I have a reversed canvas beautifully adorned with Gerbera Daisies from Susan’s Garden.
Daisies symbolize cheerfulness and this canvas will brighten up my home’s wall perfectly. It’s so easy to create realistic looking flowers with Susan’s Garden flower dies. You can find out the complete range here.
Here is how I created my canvas –
- Start with a stretched canvas measuring 5″ x 9″.
- Remove the staples and cut away the canvas to reveal the wooden stretchers. Add a bit of glue here and there under the edges of the canvas so they won’t come loose.
- Apply a thin coat of white gesso on the entire surface (both the wood and the back of the canvas that shows within the frame formed by the stretchers. Leave it to dry.
- Add pattern and texture to the canvas with White Sand Texture Paste and the Stage it Stencil – Paisley. Leave it to dry.
- Cut 2″ x 9″ patterned paper strips. Roughly tear the edges and paste on the sides of the canvas as shown in the photo.
- Ink the outer edges of the canvas with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
- Die cut White Soft Finish Cardstock with GN Gerbera Daisy die and sponge with Distress Inks to shade the leaves and all of the layers for the flowers.
- Shape the flowers (3 full daisies, 2 buds) and leaves using Susan’s Garden tools, embossing pad and leaf pad. Assemble the flowers. Add Prills to the centers of the full daisies.
- Arrange and adhere the flowers and leaves as shown.
- Wrap twine around the canvas and tie a bow.
Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you liked this canvas and will make one yourself. Don’t forget to visit ECD Store for all your craft needs. See you soon!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feather
ColorBox Pigment Ink in Pink Peony, Berrilicious
Texture Paste in White Sand
Hi Pavitra, This creation is a beautiful piece of home decor that anyone would be grateful to be given. I’m loving your close up shots of the flower heads, they are positively stunning !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Very creative !! Love what you did. Just got the gerber dasisy, and will have to try this. Thank you for a great idea
Great idea, thanks for sharing.
I love this! I just ordered the “Gerbera Daisy” and can’t wait to use it. I just might try this. Thank you Pavitra!
This is beautiful! Great inspiration!!
Such a spendid art piece. Never thought of turning the canvas around. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
Incredible work. I am not that patient, but the results are beyond compare.