It’s Tina here for the Coloring Design Team. Today I am going to show you how much fun it is to mix Feathered Friends and Honey Bear Clear Stamps with stamped and die cut words for an original design. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card.
- Cut Soft Finish Cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished card measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2).
- Cut a do-it-yourself background (for example, randomly dappled Oxide Inks) or patterned paper of your choice to 3 3/4″ x 5″. I created my own with Distress Oxide Inks and Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere to center of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- From White Soft Finish Cardstock, die cut the rectangle close to the size of the card front using a Stitched Rectangles die. Cut an opening with a die from the Scallop Ovals set to create a frame. Adhere to center of card using Clear Double Side Adhesive.
- Stamp branch/leaves from Honey Bear Clear Stamps and bird from Feather Friends Clear Stamps sets on White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color them in. I used alcohol-based Winsor & Newton ProMarkers, compatible with Momento Black Ink. (Tip: Make sure that the stamping ink you choose is compatible with the coloring medium you use.)
- After coloring, die cut all the pieces with the coordinating dies. Using foam dots to add dimension, adhere to card to create a scene. Refer to the photos for placement of all elements.
- For the unique and special sentiment: Use only the word ‘happy’ from the Bee Sentiment Clear Stamps ‘Bee Happy’ by masking the word ‘Bee’ when inking the stamp. Then die cut the word ‘Birthday’ from the ‘Happy Birthday’ die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Coat the word with VersaMark ink and heat emboss with black embossing powder. Repeat several times to create a puffy, dimensional sentiment, as shown in the photo below. (Optional: Die cut black cardstock instead of white and omit the embossing powder.)
- Adhere to card under the word happy using a fine tip glue pen.
I hope you enjoyed seeing how to combine stamps and dies from different sets to create your own scene and sentiment and make your card unique and original. Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Black embossing powder
Distress Oxide inks
Winsor & Newton ProMarkers
Fine nib glue pen