Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here. Today I am showing you a card I made for Mother’s Day. Joset’s new release has large and small flower die sets and a trio of leaves that I thought would be perfect for any occasion. Below you will find the easy steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 – Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a horizontal side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Create a background on White Soft Finish Cardstock using Distress Oxide Inks. Apply the inks to a craft mat, spray with water and dip the paper into the activated inks. Dry the inks with a heat tool and repeat the process until you have achieved the desired result. Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade & Abandoned Coral used on this card. Once completely dry, die cut with a Dashing Rectangles die.
- Step 3 – Using the Dotted Scallop Rectangles die that closely fits around the rectangle from Step 2, cut White Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere the inked background on top of the Dotted Scallop Rectangle using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Adhere the whole panel to the card front using foam tape.
- Step 4 – Using an ink applicator, apply the same Distress Oxide colors to White Soft Finish Cardstock, creating a small area with each individual color. See photo below. Die cut one of each flower using dies from the Large Flower set, one per color. Die cut the flower center piece 3 times from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Step 5 – For the leaves: Apply Peeled Paint Distress Ink to the craft mat, spray with water and dip a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock into the activated ink. Air dry or use a heat tool to speed the drying. Repeat one or more times to deepen the color. Dry between applications. Die cut Trio of Leaves. To create some additional shading, ink the edges of the leaves with more of the same ink applied with an applicator tool.
- Step 6 – Diecut Garden Notes – Berry Spray in soft brown cardstock. Apply Nuvo Crystal Drops to create berries. Make sure that berries are completely dry before moving to Step 7. (Drying time varies – it takes longer when it’s humid or if berries are large and thick.) Colors shown: Rhubarb Crumble and English Mustard.
- Step 7 – Adhere the flowers, leaves and berry sprays to the card using Kids Choice Glue. (Berry Spray was trimmed into several pieces.) Refer to photo for placement.
- Step 8 – Die cut Words 1 – Celebration from White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape prior to cutting. Peel off the release sheet and adhere to the top of card.
By changing the sentiment this card can be used for any occasion.
Links to the Elizabeth Craft Designs shopping cart are in the supply list below. Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Oxide Ink – Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmaladem Abandoned Coral
Distress Ink – Peeled Paint
Crystal Nuvo Drops – Rhubarb Crumble, English Mustard
Lasix without prescription
Buy Nolvadex online
Xenical no Prescription
I Love your styles!
My question to you and other that make such beautiful cards is “Do you place your cards in envelopes to give? If so how would it fluff back up or does it? OR do you give without a envelope if possible? ”
Thank you for your answers in advance!
Very nice colors. Is the white backgrond the card or the colored layer?
Gorgeous card, I love the beautiful flowers arrangement on the gorgeous background!