Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Tropical Hello Tag. With summer right around the corner, I was inspired to create something tropical. Using a variety of dies from Els van de Burgt Studio and Joset Designs to create this fabulous Tropical Hello Tag. I hope you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Choose a piece of woodgrain paper from the ModaScrap Wood Effect Paper Pack. Cut a piece that measures 4 1/4″ x 6 1/8″. Place the plain tag die from the Tags & More 9 – Sparkle die at the top of the patterned paper. From the matching patterned paper, cut out a reinforcement circle. Adhere the reinforcement circle at the top of the tag. Ink the edges of the tag using Black Soot Distress Ink and a blending tool with foam.
2. From the Stitched Fishtail Banners, take out the 1 1/8″ banner. Cut the banner out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut the banner down to 2 1/8″. Apply Jet Black Archival Ink to the Hello sentiment from the General Sentiments Clear Stamp set and stamp onto the banner. Ink the edges of the banner using Black Soot Distress Ink and a blending tool with foam.
3. Adhere the Hello banner 1/2″ from the bottom of the tag and right against the right side of the tag.
4. From the Tropical Florals die, die cut the two flowers with matching centers and the palm leaf out of White Finish Cardstock. Use a blending tool with foam to blend Peeled Paint Distress Ink over the entire surface of the palm leaf. Use a blending tool with foam to blend Picked Raspberry Distress Ink over the entire surface of the flower centers and the middle of the flower. Shape the flowers as desired.
5. Adhere the palm leaf and the flowers in the top right hand corner of the tag.
6. From the Flamingo die, die cut all the elements of flamingos out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use a blending tool with foam to blend Spun Sugar Distress Ink on the legs, body of the flamingos and on the edges of the feathers. Use a blending tool with foam to blend Black Soot Distress Ink on the small beaks. Use a black pen to make the eyes on the flamingos.
7. Use glue to adhere the elements on each flamingo. Use adhesive and foam squares to adhere the flamingos on the left hand side of the tag.
8. Tie a piece of green to the top of the tag.
9. If you want, you can die cut a small flower and matching center from the Tropical Flowers die out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use a blending tool with foam to blend Picked Raspberry Distress Ink over the entire surface of the center for the flower and the middle of the flower. Shape flower as desired.
10. Foam square the flower in the bottom left hand corner of the tag.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Tropical Hello Tag.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Ink in Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Peeled Paint and Black Soot
Blending Tool with Foam
Jet Black Archival Ink
Seam Binding Ribbon in Green