It’s Joset here today sharing this super cute Zebra Pop-Up card. I really love the General Pop-Up dies, they are so fun and versatile! You can really turn almost any die into a pop-up. Today I decided to use this cute little zebra and make a “Love you just the way you are” card. Make sure to check out this video HERE that I created a while ago showing the General Pop-Up die set.
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 90LB measuring 8 1/2″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″. Make sure the textured side is on the inside of the card.
- From the Adventure Edges 1 or 2 die set, use the cloudy looking edge to die cut a stencil. I used a piece of leftover backing from the ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets.
- Create a cloudy background on the inside of the card (top part) using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and a round Mini Ink Blending tool. For more info on how to create the background, click on this VIDEO.
4. Cut another stencil using the grass edge die from the Tree die set (or use the grass edge die from the Adventure Edges 1). Using the same technique as above, create a grass background on the bottom part of the card using Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. Start from the top with Twisted Citron and work your way down. I used Mowed Lawn at the bottom 3 rows of grass.
5. Using the bottom left pop up die from the picture below, die cut a pop up in the middle of your score line. For more info, check out the video HERE.
6. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 90LB measuring 9 1/4″ x 12″ and score at 6″. This card will be used to cover the whole of the pop up. Adhere your pop-up card on the inside. See picture below.
Now it’s time to decorate your pop up!
7. Cut a grass boarder from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. Adhere the grass boarder to the bottom of your card.
8. Create your zebra and adhere to the pop-up. For more info on how to create the zebra, watch this video HERE.
9. Cut a heart from white cardstock using the second smallest heart die from the Fitted Hearts set. Stamp sentiment with black ink. Color heart with Festive Berries Distress Ink. Adhere to card as shown.
- Decorate the outside of the card.
- Die cut a rectangle from white cardstock using one of the Fitted Rectangle dies. Adhere on the grass part of the card to write a note.
I hope you enjoyed creating this card as much as I did.
This is so darn cute. I love pop up cards!!
Cute card. I love all of your critters. So sorry I will miss you at your show near Dallas.
Hello Beverly, thank you for your message. Glad to hear that you like all the critters. A shame we will have to miss you at the show. There will be more! Joset
This is adorable and looks easy to do! Thanks for showing us the technique.
You’re very welcome Connie. Yes you are right, it is very easy to do! Give it a try, you will love these dies!