Designed by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the Elizabeth Craft Designs DT.
I’ve been meaning to make a birthday card with these cute little cupcake dies so finally, here it is!
I also used one of the Elizabeth Craft Designs embossing folders to create the background; the darker ink on the lighter card stock really brings out the detail.
Making the Card
1. Cut dark blue cardstock to 4.25” x 11”, score and fold in half. Cut a rectangle from black cardstock 4” x 5.25”. Cut a rectangle from light blue card stock 3.75” x 5”.
2. Emboss light blue cardstock using the Flower Mosaic folder. Lightly rub the raised design with Distress ink (I used Peacock Feathers).
3. Using the label accessory die from the Lucy Label Pop Up, die cut one label from dark blue and one from light blue cardstock. Use a mask to add stripes or a chevron patter to the light blue label with the foam blender. Draw stitches around the edge in back (I used a black glitter pen to give it extra sparkle). Adhere “Happy Birthday !” Peel-off.
4. Cut double-sided adhesive – enough for 2 cupcakes – and stick one side to a piece of white cardstock. Die cut 2 cupcakes from black cardstock. Pull off backing from adhesive and stick cupcake outlines to it. Coat and polish each with Cool Diamonds Microfine Glitter.
5. Color the cupcakes (I used Copic markers for this). Once colored, carefully cut out cupcakes. Run a black marker around the edges to hide any white. Color the bow and cherry red, even though these will be covered.
6. Cut a strip of dark blue cardstock about a quarter of an inch. Cut a strip from the Red Velvet Adhesive Sheet, a little smaller than an eighth of an inch. Cut the cupcake bow and heart (accessory in Accordion Oval Card set) from the Red Velvet Adhesive Sheet.
7. Assemble the card as shown using dimensional tape under the top cupcake and the top label (offset from the bottom). Put a little dimensional tape under the part of the heart that sticks off the label.
8. Embellish with red enamel dot for cherry, dot stickers on label, and a dab of Glossy Accents on the candle flame (optional).
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 111 Flower Mosaic Embossing Folder
- 715 Cupcake with Cherry on Top
- 716 Cupcake with Candle and Bow
- 779 Lucy Label Pop Up
- 772 Accordion Oval Card
- 502 Double Sided Adhesive
- 641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- 402 Red Velvet Adhesive Sheet
- 324 Assorted Words Peel-offs
- 7018 Glitter Dots Peel-offs, Pink/Silver and Turquois/Silver
- Dark Blue, Light Blue, and White Cardstock
- Foam Blending Tool
- Distress Ink, Peacock Feathers
- Copic or Other Alcohol Markers in Desired Colors
- Black Pen (or Black Glitter Pen)
- Red Enamel Dot
- Glossy Accents
- Dimensional Tape