Hi, everyone! It’s Jackeline here from the Elizabeth Craft Design Team. It’s that time of the year again. Halloween is just around the corner, so let’s get in the spirit. This spooky season inspired me to create a wearable project using some of my favorite dies and Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies
Let’s get started:
1. Die cut 6 Ornament overlays from Basic Black and Amethyst Shimmer Sheetz using the ornament set 5 using the Metal Adaptor Plate. I recommend to use the overlay with the holly leaves because this one resembles a spider web.
2. Die cut 8 lady bug silhouettes from black velvet and 8 from purple cardstock.
3. Die cut 4 lady bug overlays from purple cardstock. These are going to be used as the spider’s eyes.
Tip: Apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the cardstock before die cutting.
5. Build the base flower. Using double side adhesive tape connect the ornaments overlapping them.
6. Attach the accessory (diamond with black tulle) on top of the Shimmer Sheetz flower, using silicone glue, and let it dry.
7. Attach the hair pin on the back of the Shimmer Sheetz flower, using silicone glue, and let it dry.
8. Cut a piece of Black Veil to be 8″ x 11″ approx.
9. With your fingers, gather the top of the veiling . Once you are happy with your gathering attach it to the back of the Shimmer Sheetz flower using some silicone glue.
10. To finalize the hair piece, let’s build some spiders!
11. Using the black velvet strips, create the spider legs.
12. Remove the backing of the black lady bug silhouettes and place the strips creating the spider legs. Place this on top of the veil, and with the assistance of the purple lady bug silhouettes secure the spiders onto the veil.
13. Using the little dots from the lady bug overlays, create the eyes of the spiders.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will create your own Black Spider Veil Witch Flowers in time for Halloween!
Elizabeth Craft Designs