Hello everyone, it’s Sanna Lippert here today with another guest design team project share. This post started off with a simple question: have you ever used the die to cut out the stamped image you just made?
I found the question very interesting, so I gave it a try and these cards are a result of that experiment.
Here is what I did:
1. Take your die cut die DIY foam stamps and apply three colours of Distress Ink and for the second set use Distress Oxide inks onto the foam stamp.
2. Spray water mist onto the inked stamp to create a “faux watercolour look”.
3. Now die cut the stamped images using the same die cut dies you used originally to create the DIY stamps. This is a little bit tricky, as you need to figure out where to place the die cut die THRU the paper. Preferably, place the image againts a window/light box, for easier placement.
4. You can either adhere the images onto the card base with a glue pen OR attach Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets onto the stamped paper BEFORE die cutting. This makes adhering much easier.
5. Adhere onto card bases and then stamp sentiments on black cardstock with embossing ink and using white embossing powder heat set with a heat gun.
6. Attach to the card base with 3D foam pad, add faux stitching around the edges of the card with a gel pen. If you want to, apply black ink splatters for decoration.
Here is a start-to-finish video for you to watch showing the complete process:
There are, of course, easier ways to create these images:
a) die cut the image from white cardstock and then ink the die cut image with stamp inks; OR
b) ink a piece of white cardstock and then die cut it.
This technique I share today, shows another way of incorporating your with die cut dies created DIY stamps into cardmaking. You need a little bit of patience, but in the end you get a really nice artsy looking images!
Wishing you happy crafting,
Elizabeth Craft Desings:
Distress Inks and Distress Oxided by Ranger Ind. Inc.
Signo uni-ball white pen
Glue pen – wide
Black spray ink
White embossing powder
3D foam pads
Sizzix Big Shot A4
VersaMark stamp ink
Anti static pad