Hello Everyone, Robin Cahill here today and I’m very excited to show you what I have designed for my guest designer spot with Elizabeth Craft Designs. I hope you all enjoy it.
1. Using your paper trimmer, cut a piece of black 8 1/2″ x 11″ card stock in half lengthwise at 4 1/4″. Fold in half and you will have a card base measuring at 4 1/4 “x 5 1/2″. Save the other side of the black paper to make your bee.
2. Using the second largest die from your Stitched Rectangles set (with the dotted edge), die cut a piece of yellow and white polka dot paper. Adhere it to the black card base.
3. Using the third largest rectangle (with the running stitch edge), die cut a white piece of card stock. Emboss it with a honeycomb embossing folder. Adhere this piece to the yellow polka dot paper.
4. Cut a piece of white card stock 1″x 4″ and a black piece of card stock 1 1/4″ x 4”. Adhere the white piece onto the black piece and use black ink to stamp your sentiment. I used Joset Designs’ Bee Sentiments cs015 – ‘have a Bee-utiful day!’.
5. Using the Beehive die set #1176 cut out a piece of brown card stock for the first layer and a yellow piece for the top layer. Adhere it together using a glue pen. Using the adorable flower die, cut out a pink flower and a white center. Adhere them together and glue the flower onto the beehive toward the bottom left corner.
6. Line up and adhere your sentiment to the right side of the white honeycomb-embossed paper, about 1/2″ from the bottom edge. Add your beehive on the left side of your sentiment.
7. Using the Bee die #1177, cut the bottom layer using the bee silhouette from a scrap of yellow card stock. Using the overlay die, cut a piece of black card stock. Cut the wings from white paper. Use a glue pen to adhere the layers. Add foam dots to the back of your bee and stick it to the white embossed background above the sentiment.
8. With the second largest Stitched Rectangle die, cut a piece of white card stock. Adhere it to the inside of your card.
I hope you have enjoyed making this card as much as I did. 🙂
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Cardstock: black, white, yellow, brown and pink
Polka dot pattern paper
Honeycomb embossing folder – Close to my heart
Black ink pad
Acrylic block (for temporarily mounting stamp)