It’s Frances here. Elizabeth Craft Designs just released some amazing new products today. Part of their new release are these 3 fun tag die sets – Tags & More. Each of the three sets (Deco, Leaves, and Lace) includes a Basic Tag shape that can be cut to any length, a Decorative Overlay, 4 Reinforcements, and 3 Corner pieces, plus a bonus ¼” Circle.
For my project today I used Tags & More 3 – Leaves in combination with Lots of Pops to create a tag pop up card. Before I show you how I created my card, let me tell you about the other new cool products, Elizabeth Craft Designs released today.
Double Sided Adhesive
Yeh, Elizabeth Craft Designs is releasing their brand new logo-printed Transparent Double Sided Tape, available in Rolls (5 widths) and Sheets (3 sizes), with stronger hold and thinner release sheets for easy die cutting and true-color glittering projects.
9 new Embossing Folder! Roses, Bark, Bouquet, Gingko, Pinecones, Sprig, Snowflakes,
Sea Glass, and Clouds. See all of them at www.ecraftdesigns.com.
Karen Burniston’s Pop It Ups
I love the two new Character dies designer by Karen Burniston. They are so cute! Let me introduce Honey the Bear and Dutch the Fox. Karen also designed a new props set – Props 2. This set includes a party hat, bear-shaped balloon with string and bow and a party blower.
Last but not least we would like to introduce the new Happy Birthday PopUp die set and the Ring Frame Edges 1. The Happy Birthday PopUp comes with the main Pop Up die plus 3 accessory dies (Happy Birthday greeting for layering and 2 sets of decorative stars).
The Ring Frame Edges 1 set includes 4 different frame styles to coordinate with the Ring Accordion.
Now let me show you how I created my Snowman Tag Pop Up Card:
1. Cut a piece of light blue card 3 1/2 inches x 12 inches, a piece of dark blue card 3 1/2 inches x 12 inches and another piece of light blue card 3 1/2 inches x approx 7 inches.
2. Score the light blue card at 6 inches, fold and then unfold. Place the Lots of Pops die on the center score line, secure in place using removable tape. Place the tag die at the top of the card and secure in place using removable tape. Run card through die cutting machine.
3. Remove both dies from the light blue card. Place the decorator die which is included in the tag die set onto the light blue card lining up the hole in the decorator die with the hole created by the tag die, ensuring that the die is even around the curve of the already cut die shape. Secure die in place using removable tape.
4. Score the dark blue card at 6 inches. Place the tag shape die onto the card as we did previously to the light blue card and secure in place using removable tape. Run both pieces through your die cutting machine.
5. On the remaining light blue card repeat the steps above to create the tag shape (using both the tag shape die and the decorator die, but not the pop up die).
6. Use a paper trimmer or craft knife and ruler to cut off the excess edge from creating the tag shape from all three pieces of card.
7. Fold up the pop up piece on the light blue card. For this card we are only popping up the main piece not the smaller optional pop up panels.
8. Adhere the light blue card into the dark blue card. Trim off any uneven edges and if necessary trim the bottom of the card to make it even.
9. Adhere the smaller light blue card to the front of the card lining up the top of the card.
Trim of any excess length so it is even with the fold of the card.
10. Die cut two the “eye” shaped hole decorate pieces and adhere these over the hole at the top of the card on the front and inside of the card.
11. Add some twine or cord through the hole of the top of the card.
12. Adhere a piece of double sided adhesive to white card, approx 3 inches x 3 1/2 inches. Remove the release sheet and place it upside down on your desk (shiny side up).
13. From the Snowman in Frame Peel-off sheet remove the snowman without the frame,
the broom and ornament. Place your pieces sticky side up onto the release sheet.
14. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-offs on it. The Peel-offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
15. Turn your card so the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the images on the adhesive.
16. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. Brush off any excess glitter. You can see a video Els created using this technique here.
Color your images as desired.
17. Cut out the snowman, broom and ornament.
18. Adhere another piece of double sided adhesive to white card, approx 2 inches x 5 inches. Die cut snow edges using the Outdoor Edges die set. Remove the release sheet from the adhesive and add Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
19. Cut the glittered snow edges in half. Adhere one half to the pop up panel as per photo.
Add snowman to the pop up panel over the snow. (Note – I adhered the snowman to the panel about half way up). Then add the other piece of snow so it is in front of the snowman. Trim any excess so it is even with the pop up panel.
20. Decorate the snowman with the broom and ornament. I added twine to the ornament so I could hang it on the twig arm.
21. Die cut 7 snowflakes from white card that is covered with double sided adhesive.
Use snowflakes die from the Circle Spiral Pull Card. Remove the release sheet from all 7 snowflakes and cover them with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish and brush off any excess glitter.
22. Use the label die from the Lorna Label Pop Up to die cut one label from white card.
Sponge edge with blue ink. Stamp sentiment with black ink and adhere label to lower panel of inside of the card.
23. Decorate the card with 5 of the snowflakes as per photo above. To the center of each snowflake add a Transparent/Gold Glitter Dot.
24. Die cut 4 photo corners from the Tag Die set from dark blue card. Adhere one on either side to the lower corner on the inside of the card and the remaining two corners to the bottom edges on the outside.
25. Use the large label from the Katie Label Accordion Card and die cut one label from white and two from dark blue card. Sponge edges with blue card. Stamp sentiment using black ink.
26. To create the dark blue layer around the label. Cut the two dark blue labels in half, one lengthwise and the other widthwise. Trim off the corners so that each half looks like the half labels on the right in the photo above. Adhere the two long labels behind the white label so a small amount is showing. Then adhere the remaining two short labels so they appear at the top and bottom of the label.
27. Cut a piece of dark blue card 5/8 inches by 3 1/2 inches and adhere to the front of the card so it will be in the center of the label when it is attached to the card. Trim off any excess from sides.
28. Attach label to card using foam tape.
29. Attach the last two snowflakes to the front of the card using foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft DesignsSnowman in Frame Peel Off Stickers (SKU 2583) Tags & More – Leaves (953) – (Coming Soon) Lots of Pops Pop Up Card (778) designed by Karen Burniston Outdoor Edges (914) designed by Karen Burniston Lorna Label Pop Up (915) designed by Karen Burniston Katie Label Accordion Card (903) designed by Karen Burniston Spiral Circle Pull Card (916) designed by Karen Burniston Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639) Double Sided Adhesive Paper (502) Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots (SKU 7018) Other Cardstock: White, Light Blue, Dark Blue Black Ink Light Blue Ink Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Handwritten Holidays 2 Twine Foam Tape Copics