Good morning! Karen Aicken here with today’s blog post. I wanted to share a Halloween card using some of the wonderful new products from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
When I made this card, most of my studio had been packed away for our move. Only basic supplies were left out and a few sheets of Halloween themed paper. It shows that you don’t need a ton of supplies to make a great card, when your supply kit includes versatile dies and themed Peel-offs from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
1. Cut black cardstock 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 and score in the center to form a standard A2 card
(4-1/4 x 5-1/2).
2. Cut a panel of black cardstock 4″ x 5-1/4″ and emboss with the Spring Leaves embossing folder.
3. Adhere the embossed panel to the card front and outline with a sparkly gel pen.
4. Cut a piece of sparkly bat paper 3-1/4″ wide and 5″ long. Using one of the NEW Tags and More dies, cut the top edge. Center the leafy decorative overlay die at the top of the die cut tag and run the paper through your cutting machine again, which will give you this lovely leaf shaped aperture in your tag.
5. Add one of the corner dies to the lower left corner of the sparkly bat tag and run it through your machine. Repeat with the other corner and the same die.
6. Since I was adding the tag to a card, I wanted to back the openings with contrasting paper. Cut purple cardstock 3-1/4″ wide, 2″ long and cut with the same curved Tags & More die you used for the main tag. Attach behind the sparkly bat tag lining up the top and side edges and outline each leaf with a silver metallic marker if desired.
7. Cut two pieces of purple cardstock scraps slightly larger than the corner cut-outs and adhere one behind each corner. Outline corners with silver metallic marker if desired.
8. Add the Halloween Spider Peel-off to a piece of purple cardstock and fussy cut.
9. Add colour with gel pens.
10. Cut a piece of Double Sided Adhesive and white cardstock 2″ x 1-1/2″. Peel the backing paper off one side of the Double Sided Adhesive and attach the white cardstock. Peel off the remaining liner and turn it so the side that was touching the sticky adhesive is face up.
Remove the candy corn peel-off from the sheet and lay it on the liner, sticky side up. Now lay the sticky side of your cardstock backed adhesive over the peel-off and liner and pull away the liner. Your peel-off should now be attached to the double sided adhesive!
11. Pour Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the sticky adhesive, tap off the excess onto a sheet of scrap paper or coffee filter (for returning to the container) and rub the glittered peel-off with your finger to polish the glitter and bring up the sparkle.
12. Color with markers and fussy cut.
13. Add foam tape to the back of your sparkly candy corn and adhere it over the candy corn on the spider peel-off.
14. Cut a reinforcement from the same Tags and More die set using purple card stock, punch or poke a hole in the center and attach over the tag hole with a sparkly brad.
15. Decorate the inside as desired. I cut a piece of the sparkly bat paper (4 x 5-1/4) and attached it inside the card.
16. The black cardstock was cut to 3-1/4 x 4-1/2″ and I used the same corner die from the Tags and More 3 die set as I did on the front tag, to cut an opening in the top left and bottom right corners of this black panel.
17. Back the opening with scraps of purple cardstock as we did on the front, and outline with
a silver metallic marker if desired.
18. Doodle a line connecting the cut-away corners as shown, and hand letter the words with gel pen. Alternatively, you could stamp a greeting and emboss with a light coloured embossing powder.
19. Adhere to the sparkly bat paper with a strong adhesive and your sweet, spooky card is ready to mail!
There you have it – a fun Spider Halloween Card! There are SO many options with these new Tags and More dies, but I wanted to show that they work wonderfully on an A2 card as well.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
E118 Spring Leaves Embossing Folder
2585 Halloween In Frame Peel-Offs in black
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Black, White and Purple cardstock
Patterned Paper – Recollections
Silver Metallic Marker – Sharpie
Sparkly Gel Pen – Sakura (Stardust)
Black Sparkly Brad – Stampin’ Up!
LOVE this card Karen….So Fun!!
Nice card; love the colors!
Love how you used the new tag dies for this card and how you used the corners on the inside.
Terrific design. I always enjoy seeing your creations. Your creativity inspires me.
What a lovely comment Deeann – thank you so much.
Great idea to use the corner die pieces on the inside for a wonderful accent.