It’s Frances Byrne here. For my project today I have created a Stand Up Card using the Fox Peel-Off Stickers.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Creating the Peel-Off Sticker images:
a. Before reading the instructions below, you can see a video Els created using this technique here.
b. Place a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive onto cardstock that is big enough for your peel-offs and remove the release sheet.
c. Be careful not to touch the adhesive or it will leave fingerprints in the glitter.
d. From the Foxy Peel-Offs, place the fox sleeping; fox standing and 3 paw prints onto the release sheet (sticky side up).
e. Place the cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive, sticky side down, on top of the peel-offs (In other words, place sticky onto sticky.)
f. Use release sheet in handling the cardstock until you cover the adhesive with glitter so you don’t leave fingerprints.
g. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polish glitter with your finger and brush excess off.
h. Color your images as desired using alcohol-based markers on the glitter.
i. Cut around all peel-off pieces and attach to the card.
* Coloring Tips for alcohol-based markers and glitter: Remember that when using alcohol-based markers, such as Copics, work quickly and don’t let the tip of the marker linger on the glittered surface. Too much alcohol ink can dissolve the adhesive and remove the glitter. It takes very little ink to color the surface of the glittered image so work with a light touch. To get the faded look, lay a line of color down along one edge of the section you want to color and then use your Blender pen to pull the color across the rest of the image. You may have to lay more color down to get deeper shading after you blend it out.
2. The Card Base:
- Cut a piece of rust cardstock 5 -1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4″. Fold along score lines as shown above. Lightly score at 6-3/8″ but do not fold.
3. Position the Hinge Stand Up Helper die from the Stand Up Helpers 3 – Hinge die set so that the bottom of the die is lined up along the 6-3/8″ score line created in step 1 and approx 3/4″ from the left side of the card. Die cut, remove the die from the card and now line it up again on the score line but this time approximately 3/4″ from the right side of the card.
- Place a piece of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to black cardstock that will be large enough to fit the Stand Up Helper Hinges die twice. Die cut so that the adhesive is on the bottom, trim along the bottom edge of the grass and adhere on top of the Hinge Stand Up Helper on the rust card. Add a Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Sticker over the holes of the Hinge Stand Up Helper piece.
- Cut a piece of rust cardstock 5-1/2″ x 2-1/8″ and adhere to the panel behind the Stand Up Helper to hide the opening.
4. Cut a piece of black card that measures 5-1/2″ x 1-7/8″. Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 5-1/2″ x 1-6/8″. Layer the two pieces together and adhere to the front of the base of the card as per photo above.
5. Adhere the Sleeping Fox to the left hand side of this panel using foam tape. Add the three paw prints to the card referring to photo above for placement.
6. Roughly trim around the sentiment Thinking of You from the Thinking of You Large Peel Off Stickers. Peel off any excess black peel-off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the sentiment as per photo above.
- Cut a piece of Transfer Sheet large enough to fit over the sentiment. Remove the protective backing and place the tacky side of the Transfer Sheet onto the word “Thinking”. Burnish with a bone folder or your fingers and carefully lift the Transfer Sheet checking to ensure that all of the pieces lift at once. You can see Els’ video using this technique HERE.
- Now move the Transfer Sheet with sentiment attached to it over to the card. When it is in the right spot, place it down onto the card and rub the front of the Transfer Sheet to release the pieces onto the card. Carefully lift the Transfer Sheet to check and make sure all of the sentiment pieces are now on the card. (Don’t remove the Transfer sheet until all pieces are in place). Repeat this process to place the words “of You” underneath the word “Thinking”.
7. Cut a piece of black card that measures 5-1/4″ x 4″. Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 5″ x 3-3/4″.
- Use the rolling hills die from the Outdoor Edges die set and cut a piece of green designer paper that is approx 1-1/4″ high. Adhere this to the bottom of the designer paper cut above, and then layer this to the black card.
- Die cut the tree from the CountryScapes The Woods die set from kraft card.
- Die cut leaves three times from green card.
- Cut away left hand tree from die cut above and highlight edges of tree using copic marker. Attach to the top right hand corner of card as per photo above.
- Attach leaves to tree as per photo above.
- Attach Standing Fox to the lower left hand side of card using foam tape.
8. Adhere the main panel to the lower half of the front of the card as per photo above.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 2597 Foxy peel-offs Black 2580 Thinking of You Large peel-offs Black 992 CountryScapes – The Woods 1 914 Outdoor Edges 963 Stand Up Helpers 3 – Hinges 509 Transparent Double Sided Tape 152mm 506 Transparent Double Sided Tape 6mm 639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter 802 Fine Pointed Scissors Other: Cardstock: white; black; rust Designer Paper: Kaisercraft Into the Wild 6-1/2″ Paper Pad Copic Markers Foam Tape