Hello!!! It’s Wanda Hentges here today to share an easy card using the A Way With Words Happy Birthday die. I was thinking ‘boy’ when I made this card (I’m sending it to our teenage grandson) but it would work just as well for a girl. If you’re wondering about that pink showing up in the word, it’s a reflection from my camera.
- Die cut Happy Birthday from Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz and from Bright Orange Soft Finish Cardstock. *To make attaching a breeze, back with Clear Double Sided Adhesive before cutting. Attach words together, slightly offset, and set aside. Reminder: A metal adaptor plate is required for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial if you are new to this technique.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black Shimmer Sheetz to 4″ x 5 1/2″. Place Shimmer Sheetz in Embossing Folder and emboss. Trim off the top and bottom of Shimmer Sheetz to the edge of the embossed design. Use a sanding block to sand the high spots. Sanding really brings out the design of the embossing and tones down the shine just a bit, too.
- Die cut Chain from Bright Orange Soft Finish Cardstock and cut to lengths as shown. *Back with Clear Double Sided Adhesive before cutting for easy attaching.
- Create 4 5/8″ x 5 3/4″ tent-fold card from 100# White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Attach Happy Birthday and Chain pieces to Black Shimmer Sheetz. Attach Basic Black Shimmer Sheetz to folded card with Foam Mounting Tape. Attach Washi Tape above and below Basic Black Shimmer Sheetz.
Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Supply List
- A Way With Words Happy Birthday
- Els van de Burgt Studio Chains 1
- Bark Embossing Folder
- Shimmer Sheetz
- Soft Finish Cardstock
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- Washi Tape
- Die Cutting Machine and Plates, including Metal Adaptor Plate (or Precision Base Plate for Big Shot machine)
- Foam Mounting Tape
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s easy card. With 36 colors of Soft Finish Cardstock available it is easy to change the color combination and customize the card for anyone on your list.
Thanks so much, Marjorie!!!
Thank you, Colleen!!!!
Nice “boy” card. Love the shimmer. Thanks for sharing.
Love the reflective colors! Great idea!