It’s Frances here today with a fun tutorial to share with you. I have created a Double Gatefold Card using the ModaScrap Gatefold – Elegant Roses die set. This is a new way to create a Gatefold Card, different from what is shown on the packaging.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 – Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 5 3/4 inches x 11 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 2 3/4 inches and 8 1/4 inches.
- Cut 4 pieces of designer paper of your choice 2 3/4 inches x 5 3/4 inches.
- Using the Gatefold – Elegant Roses die, die cut two pieces from dark pink cardstock, leaving approximately 1/2 inch on the other side of score line.
- Cut a piece of dark pink cardstock 5 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 5 inches x 5 1/4 inches.
Step 2 – Fold along the score line of the Gatefold – Elegant Rose pieces. Apply adhesive to the back of the 1/2 inch edge and attach to the both edges of the tri-fold card created in step 1. The edge should be adhered to the inner part of the card per the photo above.
Step 3 – Turn the card over so the inside of the card is facing the desk. Use two of the designer paper panels cut in step 1 to cover the left and right panels per photo above.
Step 4 – (Optional) Turn the card over again so that the inside of the card is facing toward you. Apply a small piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the edges as per photo above. Place a small Magnet Closure onto the magnet. Place a second magnet on top of the first and then another piece of adhesive.
- Close the side panels so they touch the centre panel and press down firmly where the magnets are attached so that the second magnets transfer to the centre panel.
- Adhere the remaining designer paper panels to the side panels so that they cover the magnets and pink edge, per photo above.
- Stamp the “May all of your dreams come true” sentiment and hearts from the Dreams Sentiments Clear Stamps to White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Die cut sentiment using the Stitched Fishtail Banners die. Die cut another Stitched Fishtail Banner from dark pink cardstock. Layer the two fishtail banners together and adhere to the top right hand corner of the card.
- Using the Happy Flowers die set, die cut three skinny flowers (two small and one large) from pale pink cardstock and adhere to the bottom section of card per photo above.
- Adhere the embellished panel to the center of the card.
Step 6 — Using the Stitched Circles die set, die cut a dark pink circle using the second smallest circle.
- Using the Dotted Scallop Circles die set, die cut a White Soft Finish Cardstock circle using the second smallest circle.
- Adhere both circles together and adhere the left side of the circle to the left Gatefold – Elegant Roses panel, as per photo above. Tip: Put a piece of waxed paper or a non-stick craft sheet UNDER the left panel before attaching the left half of the circle to ensure that no glue seeps onto the patterned paper beneath!
Step 7 – Using the Happy Flowers die set, die cut three large skinny flowers from pale pink cardstock. Also die cut two small skinny flowers from pale pink cardstock, 2 small skinny flowers from bright pink cardstock, and 2 thick flowers from bright pink cardstock.
- Use the stylus from the Susan’s Garden All Metal Tool Kit to shape flowers.
- Glue the three large skinny pale pink flowers on top of each other off setting each one slightly. Adhere the two skinny pale pink flowers on top of the large flowers.
- Adhere a skinny bright pink flower to a thick bright pink flower.
- Add an adhesive-backed half pearl to the center of each flower.
- Adhere to the circle panel on the front of the card as per photo above.