A simple card with a beautiful message. Hello, this is Selma Stevenson and I have a card that could be used for many different occasions. The clear stamp sets used are Krista Schneider’s Birch Forest and Joset Designs’ Dream Sentiments.
1. For the stamped image, use a 4 inch square piece of Watercolor Paper. Using stamp from the Birch Forest Stamp Set and Black VersaFine Ink, stamp Birch Trees in the center of watercolor paper square; clear emboss. When you stamp an image on watercolor paper and emboss it, the water-color ink will stay within the embossed lines. Before applying color, wet the area to be colored with water a little bit (not too much water!); this will help the ink spread better. Use light brown and light gray inks to lightly color the tree trunks. Heat- or air-dry.
2. Use the Earth & Sky Stencil and light blue ink to sponge clouds around the tree trunks.
3. Use the Rainbow Sky die set and die cut three clouds. Attach the clouds on each side of the stamped trees.
4. Use two pieces of White Soft Finish Cardstock, cut 5 1/2 inches square to create a dimensional frame around the stamped image.
5. Stack the two 5 1/2 inch squares together. Use the Stitched Rectangle and the Fitted Rectangle die sets to die cut a double frame opening. Center the smaller die inside the larger die and tape down; by doing this, you will create two perfectly centered die cut frames. From the center of the dies, use the 3rd smallest die from each set. Tape the two dies to together on the card stock to die cut two frames. See finished card above for approximate placement of the dies.
6. Use stamp from the Dream Sentiments Stamp set for the sentiment. Use VersaFine Black Ink; clear emboss.
7. Stamp the two butterflies from the Birch Tree Stamp Set, using VersaFine Black Ink, and clear emboss. Use the matching die set to cut the butterflies. Attach the butterflies around the stamped sentiment, as shown.
8. Attach the two die cut frames together, using dimensional tape.
9. Attach the frame, with dimensional tape, over the stamped image, being sure the frame covers the tree trunks at the top and bottom.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
VersaFine Black Ink
Clear Embossing Powder