Hello Everyone, It’s been a while since I’ve been here on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog but it’s a pleasure to be back as your guest designer today. Halloween is just around the corner so I thought I would create a fun and spooky Halloween card using the Elizabeth Craft Designs General Pop Up die set. This set is so fun and versatile and really a must have in your collection. If you’re new to the General Pop Up dies, make sure to watch one of my latest videos HERE that will explain to you more about them. And don’t forget to visit the Elizabeth Craft Designs website to check out all their Halloween products which are now on sale. Use the code BOO15 and you will receive 15% discount on those Halloween products. Sale start today and runs through October 31st.
To create the card:
- Cut a piece of black cardstock 5.5″ x 11″, score at 5.5″ and fold in half. This will be your card base.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper 5.25″ x 10.75″ from the 12″ x 12″ ModaScrap Wood Effect Paper Pack. Score at 5 3/8″.
3. Place your pop up die in the center of the score line and run it through your die cutting machine. For this card you will use the widest pop up die in the set with the single pop up.
4. Adhere the patterned paper with the pop up on the inside of your card base using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Adhere one side first, then the other.
5. Cut out all the pieces to decorate the card (See below). From the Halloween Scenery die set, cut out the tree, the graveyard scenery and 2 bats from black cardstock (I also cut out one spider but end up not using it). Cut out one fence using the Iron Fence die, and one grass boarder from black cardstock using the grass edge die from the Adventure Edges. Cut all the pieces included in the Haunted House set (haunted house, cat and witch on broom) from black cardstock. Add pieces of yellow cardstock behind the windows of the haunted house and the eyes of the cat. Cut one circle from yellow cardstock using the second smallest circle die from the Fitted Circles set. Edge with yellow. Cut one label from white cardstock using the Labels 1 and stamp the sentiment “Happy Halloween” using the Spooky Sentiments. Edge with black.
6. To decorate your card, first adhere the haunted house to the pop up using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
Then adhere the tree and the moon with the witch. Cut the grass border in the middle and adhere one piece on each side of the pop up using clear double sided adhesive. Adhere the Iron fence, the graveyard scenery and the label with sentiment last.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Black, yellow and white cardstock
Black and yellow ink
Thank you ladies. It was a fun card to create!
Oh this is fun!
I love that wood background paper!!!
Wow !! This is such a wonderful pop-up card !
I love the scene. That house is so neat and fun. Well done.
What an amazing card. Love it.