By Judi Kauffman
Have you seen the new Calligraphic Elements 3 die set from Suzanne Cannon? It’s already one of my favorites. And speaking of favorites…Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. As I always say, what’s NOT to like about a celebration that’s all about costumes, candy, and cards!
Inspired by over the-top Mardi Gras masks from New Orleans, today’s project is sparkly, sassy, and fun. It starts with an inexpensive black cat’s eye style mask. Instructions:
- Using the Calligraphic Elements 3 die set, cut two large flourishes and four small flourishes from Black Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Turn half of the pieces over to create mirror image pairs for the two sides of the mask. Reminder: A metal adaptor plate (or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate) is REQUIRED for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Review Els van de Burgt’s video HERE if you are new to this technique.
- Using non-stick scissors, cut Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Tabs into quarters and use one of the smaller squares to adhere each of the Shimmer Sheetz flourish as follows: One large and one small flourish toward the outer edge of each eye hole, one small flourish on each side of the nose.
- Add a large flat-backed faceted gem to cover the rest of the exposed adhesive on each of the four Tabs.
- Add a smaller faceted gem at the center of the mask on the nose, two more toward the top corner of each eye hole, three more below each eye, starting near the nose.
- Finish outlining the eye holes with Glitter Dots peel-offs in Green/Gold. Also add three Glitter Dots to the large flourishes, just above where the flourishes curve above the large gems. (Use the largest size Glitter Dots on the sheet.)
Supplies: Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cat’s eye style mask
Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Tabs
Non-stick scissors to cut the Tabs
Green faceted gems