It’s Frances here from down under Australia! About a month ago I was lucky enough to be able to meet Els and Joset from Elizabeth Craft Designs when they were visiting Australia. I was able to spend two days watching Els demoing the various Elizabeth Craft Designs products. One tip Els shared was that I should save the liner from Double Sided Adhesive Paper as it can be used to create awesome backgrounds with Silk Microfine Glitter. My project today uses this technique.
1. Adhere a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Paper to a piece of white card, Set aside.
2. Die cut the outline using the Koi die and black card.
3. Place the black Koi image onto the adhesive white card prepared in step one and then cover with Orange Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish image. You can see a video Els created using this technique here.
4. Fussy cut out the Koi image and then add foam squares to the back of the Koi and layer to white card measuring 1 3/4″ x 3 7/8″ onto a piece of black card measuring 2″ x 4 1/8″.
5. Create Koi masks by die cutting 4 Koi Silhouettes using the Koi die and the liner from Double Sided Adhesive Paper. Turn the liner paper over and die cut 3 more Koi Silhouettes, so that when you place the Koi masks on the table shiny side down you have Koi masks which are going two different directions.
6. Cut a piece of Double Sided Adhesive sheet 3 3/4 inches x 5 inches. Remove the liner paper and set aside. Adhere the Double Sided Adhesive sheet to a piece of white card the same size.
7. Position the Koi masks shiny side down onto the adhesive card as per photo above. Cover the card with the liner paper we removed in step 6 and use your fingers to rub over the back of the liner paper to ensure the Koi masks are securing in place so glitter cannot get under the masks. remove the large liner paper.
8. Cover the adhesive card all over with Bluebell Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish glitter into the card. Replace excess glitter to jar.
9. Remove all the Koi masks from card and cover with Orange Silk Microfine Glitter. remove excess and polish orange glitter into card.
10. Attach a thin strip of black card to both the top and bottom edges of the glittered background card.
11. Cut a piece of Rust card 5 inches x 10 inches. Score at 5 inches to get a top folding card which is 5 inches square.
12. Attach the glittered background piece to the folded card approx 3/8 inch down from the top fold.
13. Attach the Koi panel created in step 4 to the right side of the card as per photo above.
14. Add 5 Black/Silver Glittered Dots to the lower left hand corner of card as per photo.
15. Cut a piece of white card 3 3/4 inches x 5 inches. Add thin strips of black card to the top and bottom edges of card.
16. Center the Happy Birthday Die to the center of the card and die cut. Remove the greeting ensuring to keep the negative pieces of the greeting in a safe place.
17. Die cut the Happy Birthday Die using black card. Inset the black greeting into the negative space on the white card. Add any of the tiny white negative pieces you set aside so their are no empty spaces.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Liner Paper saved from Double Sided Adhesive Paper