Hello, my ECD friends, Marla here with another project share. The dog days of summer are quickly coming to an end and soon fall will be here, bringing with it cooler days and nights. My card today takes us deep into the end of fall with rich mahogany’s, red, orange, amber, gold and yellows. Let’s see how these colors came together on my card today, shall we?
- Spritz a generous amount of water onto a watercolor panel and sprinkle on Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Magical ” powders. For my card I added “Autumn Maple Crimson, Cattail Copper Brown, Red Hot Poker Orange and Bayou Boogie Gold.” Spritz with more water to activate the powders. Dry the panel and repeat until desired effect is achieved.
- Add water droplets to your panel. Then, sprinkle black embossing powder over the droplets and heat set. Did you know you could heat emboss with water?
- Die cut your leaves using the ECD “Maple Leaves” die. Add dimensional foam tape to the back of each leaf.
- Add ink to a 3.75″ x 5″ in piece of white cardstock. I used Distress Inks in “Barn Door, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey and Fossilized Amber.”
- Place the ECD “Rocks” stencil over the inked panel and add ink randomly through the stencil onto your panel. I used Distress Ink in “Gathered Twigs”. Spritz the panel with water if you like for added texture. Splatter your panel using the “Magical” powders.
- Arrange your leaves around your inked panel and adhere along with your sentiment
- Cut a coordinating piece of cardstock add gold watercolor on the edges to 4″ x 5.25″ and mount your panel to the inked layer using additional foam tape. Then adhere to a 4.25″ x 5.5″ top folding card base and add sequins if desired.
That completes our card for today. I hope this inspired you to start creating with your fall supplies. I have added the ECD product links below for easy shopping. Until next time…. Marla
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies: