Hello there, Sanna here today to share a set of easy-to-make misted-background die cut cards. I really like to use color when crafting and spray inks are so much fun. Therefore I wanted to share this simple and easy card making idea with you!
This is how I created the cards:
1. Take a cardboard box (to protect your working area!) and place a piece of white carstock into the box. Randomly spray areas of the white cardstock with purple and then green spray ink (you can choose any other color combination, too). Dry with a heat tool.
2. Take the dry misted cardstock piece and place three dies onto it and run thru your die cutting machine.
3. Remove the cut shapes and save them to use on another card. Adhere the background onto a white card base.
4. Take another piece of white cardstock and die cut a sentiment/word at least three times. Adhere the die cut words one on top of the other for dimension and then adhere the stack onto the card.
5. Apply Glossy Accents on top of the word and carefully sprinkle Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter onto the wet areas. Brush off the loose glitter later, after the Glossy Accents has dried.
6. Finally, splatter with white texture spray ink for a fun detail. Let dry.
By changing the color combination or adding letter stickers instead of die cut words, you can easily change/vary the look of the card.
Basically, using similar ideas, but replacing the background with a dry embossed white background piece and misting the die cut word you can create a nice card with the leftover pieces and nothing goes to waste. Here is a little start-to-finish video to give you a better idea of the single steps. Hope you like it!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Leafy Branch 4
Leafy Branch 2
Pair of Leaves 1
Elizabeth Craft Designs – Embossing folders
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
White Soft Finish Cardstock
Purple, green, blue and red spray ink
White texture spray