Hi, it’s Sandy Diller here today with a tri-fold Pop it Ups card done in the Steampunk style that I love. I used some paper that I’ve been hoarding – so I decided it’s time to use it. The Hanging Charm Pull Tab die is perfect for this technique. Hope you enjoy.
Finished card size: 4″ X 6″
- Cut one panel 12″ X 6″. Score at 4″ and at 8″, making a tri-fold card.
- Cut 2 panels 6″ X 3.50″ (shown in green above)
- Using the Agatha Edge die, cut on bottom and top of panels making them approximately 5.50″ tall.
4. Cut 2 decorator panels that are 5.50″ X 3.50″ (shown in salmon color above).
5. Cut 5 decorator panels that are 5.75″ X 3.75″ (shown in dark brown color above).
6. Using the Hanging Charm Pull Tab die, cut the two working sections for inside of card (shown in dark brown).
7. Using the Clock & Gears die, cut one clock face from coordinating paper and one backing circle.
8. One decorator panel or frame will be needed, a panel from the paper collection was used here.
9. Using the Steampunk Charms and the Clock & Gears die, cut several pieces to decorate with.
10. Cut one panel for inside greeting that measures 3″ X 1.5″. Stamp greeting using the Just a Note Clear Stamps set.
11. Using Steampunk Clear Stamps, stamp greeting on front and add to backing panel.
For a video tutorial on how to do the next step, simply click here to see Karen Burniston’s demo.
12. Add tape around outside edges of Pull Tab.
13. Insert pull tab slider and attach to base of card.
14. Add decorator panels to inside of card.
15. Add clock face to backing, then attach to pull tab. This should be done while tab is closed in order to get proper placement.
16. With tab in open position, place decorator panel on stand.
Inside of card should look like photo above when all panels are in closed position.
Now it’s time to decorate – the best part!
Some elements from the paper collection were used here in addition to the ones that were created.
I hope you have enjoyed this little step “outside the box,” a place we should all visit occasionally.
Have a great day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Designer Paper Collection
Fabulous tutorial Sandy, thanks so much for sharing how you made this amazing card! Deb xo
Morning Sandy, Steampunk is one of my favourites, and I have lots and lots of steampunk papers. This card is fabulous, I haven’t made one of these cards before, so I’m loving the step by step, your finished card is fabulous !!
Enjoy your day and please send me some of your sunshine, I am sick of the rain, sleet and wind that I am having, bring on the summertime I say haha.
Enjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Thank you for showing another great way to use the Hanging Charm Pull Tab!
I’m so glad I’m not the only one that hoards favorite paper. I love this card, and being that I have this paper I can make one too! Thanks for the ideas!!