Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Feel Better Card. Joset from Joset Designs has just released an amazing new collection of dies and I fell in love with the Geometrix Background as well as the Sentiments 2 die set. The project really took shape when I combined different dies from Els van de Burgt Studio as well as paper from ModaScrap. I hope that you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Start by die cutting the “Feel” and “Better” words from the Sentiment 2 – Just Because out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Apply Jet Black Archival Ink to the “Feel” word stamp and stamp onto the coordinating die cut word. Apply Jet Black Archival Ink to the “Better” word stamp and stamp onto the coordinating die cut word. (Tip: Many people prefer to stamp first and then die cut – Either option is fine – it’s your choice.)
2. From the Entwined Ovals, die cut two large flowers and one small flower out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. On one large flower, sponge Seedless Preserves Distress Ink over the entire flower. Sponge Picked Raspberry Distress Ink over the surface of the other two flowers. Accent the center of each flower, add a Transparent/Gold Glitter Dot peel-off.
3. Use the Dotted Scallop Circles die to cut the 2 1/2″ Dotted Scallop Circle out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use a blending tool and blend Picked Raspberry Distress Ink over the entire circle. Spritz the circle with water for a mottled effect. When dry, ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.
4. Die Cut the 3″ Dotted Scallop Circle out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use a blending tool to blend Black Soot Distress Ink over the entire surface. Spritz the circle with water to create a mottled effect. Set aside to dry.
5. Die cut the Geometric Background out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use a blending tool to blend Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot Distress Ink over the entire surface. Ink the edges with Black Soot.
6. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 4″ x 5 1/4″. Ink the edges of the cardstock piece with Black Soot Distress Ink.
7. Cut a piece of patterned paper from Moda Scrap’s “Butterfly Dream” collection that measures 6″ x 12″. Use the 4 1/2″ Stitched Rectangle die to die cut the rectangle out of the patterned paper piece. Ink the edges using Black Soot Distress Ink.
8. Die cut the middle size Entwined Circle out of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
9. Adhere the geometric background to the White Soft Finish Cardstock rectangle.
10. Use foam squares to adhere the geometric background to the patterned paper stitched rectangle. Adhere the Entwined Circle to the middle of the geometric background.
11. Adhere the 2 1/2″ dotted scallop circle to the 3″ dotted scallop circle. Add dimension to the 3″ dotted scallop circle with foam tape. Adhere the “Feel Better” sentiment to the center of the 2 1/2″ dotted scallop circle. Adhere the large pink flower toward the top left of the circle, adhere the purple and second pink circle toward the bottom right. Refer to project photos.
11. To finish the card, cut a card base that measures 5 3/4″ x 9 1/2″. Score at 4 3/4″. Leave 1/4″ at the top and bottom of the cardbase when adhering the card front to it.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Feel Better Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Inks in Black Soot, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves
Blending tool with foam
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
So gorgeous! I love it!