Good morning, friends!
This is Rita here today to say Thank You with Lovely Hydrangea! Yes, You! Thank you for being here reading my notes and always responding with kind and sweet comments!
Shall we get started with our new card? I have lots of photos to share today and the supply list is at the end with all the links you’ll need.
1. We’re starting out with the Hydrangea Peel-off stickers, double sided adhesive, Amethyst Gemstone and Green Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.
2. Let’s first peel the release sheet of our double sided adhesive, keep this for our next step and attache the adhesive side to our Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.
3. Now we can use the release sheet we just saved and take our Peel-off stickers and place them upside down on the release sheet (sticky side up) — this helps us position each of the Peel-off sticker apart from each other yet not worrying about the shapes.
4. Once we have all our Peel-offs sticky side up, we can take our piece of Shimmer Sheetz and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet, just like this image shows.
5. Oh, did I mention we’re going to use glitter? Of course we are! That’s one of my favorite part!
So let’s bring out our Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and add to the adhesive side of our combined layers. After we added the glitter, we can shake off the extra and simply use our fingers to polish the surface, which allows the glitter to stick and remain looking so gorgeous, just like this image shows:
6. And yes, it’s time to pull out our crafting scissors and cut around each glittered flower piece.
7. You might be wondering why we started out with 2 shimmer sheetz and yes, you’re correct, we’ll be using the Green Metallic Shimmer Sheetz for our leaves. I’d like to share a trick — thanks to my lovely design team friends I now know that, for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz, you need to use the metal adaptor plate so every die cut comes out perfectly!
8. Using our Accordion Circle Card die set, it’s time to create our card base. Die cut 2 pages out of premium card stock and another 2 pages out of Imperial Garnet Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.
Using a regular blade we can simply cut out the inner circle from my Shimmer Sheetz pages and use a smaller circle to make yet another die cut. Since we have so many gorgeous leaves already, I think it’s best to use the Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder and what can I say? I think I sat over this card base admiring it for minutes! Just gorgeous really!
9. I use Tombow Multi Liquid Glue for everything I need to glue and it works very nicely here adding the Shimmer Sheetz leaves to the Shimmer Sheetz circles and card base.
10. Once the leaves are on, we can add two scalloped circle card stock die cuts to the middle of each circle and add more leaves on top — I like the layered and dimensional look. Now we can add our lovely little flowers too, some glued directly on top of the leaves, some added with tiny foam squares to further achieve our dimensional look.
11. Using the left over piece from our earlier glittered Shimmer Sheetz, we can die cut the
“Thank You”, add to our card and now we are done! How gorgeous is this card! I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.
Would you like to know two little fun facts about this card? Fact #1: I created 22 little flowers without even knowing and 22 is my lucky number! Fact #2: this is probably my very first card I didn’t use any of my Copic markers creating it, no coloring whatsoever and I love this card so much!
As always, please leave your comments and/or questions in your comments. I’ll respond to each note. Hugs, Rita
Supplies used today:
Hydrangea Peel-0ff Sticker
Double-sided Adhesive Sheets
Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz
Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
Green Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Accordion Circle Card Die Set
Thank You Die Set
Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder
Metal Adaptor Plate