We all love pretty flowers for Valentine’s Day, so I have designed a Valentine using Susan’s Garden Notes Peony die set for a very feminine card. This is Selma Stevenson today and I will show you how I created this card.
1. Start with a 6 inch square card. Cut a piece of Soft Finish White Cardstock 5 3/4 inches square and score along the edges, using a scoreboard to create raised ridges and give the edges a finished look.
2. Using the second largest square from the Stitched Square die set, die cut another white square.
3. Use the third and fourth square dies from the Stitched Square die set to create a frame. Tape the smaller die inside the larger die to do this. Die cut four frames using these dies. The frames are to be layered one on top of the other for added dimension. I used the 1/4″ Clear Double Sided Adhesive tape around the four sides to adhere the frames. Add a Silver Line Peel Off Sticker around the inside of the finished frame. One of the small squares, that die cuts from the middle of this frame, will be glued down in the opening. The reason I attached this square inside is because the stitched edges on the square give it more “interest”.
4. Use the 5th largest square die in the Postage Stamp Squares die set to cut one square. This square will be attached inside the small Stitched Square inside the frame. The Postage Stamp Square should be attached with the pointed edges along the Stitched edges of the square inside.
5. Attach all the frames on the card front, as shown.
6. Use Susan’s Garden Notes Peony die set to die cut enough petals to create three flowers. The number of petals you die cut depends on how full you want your flower to be. To create the pastel flowers, die cut the petals and leaves using white card stock then color with the PanPastels. You can watch Susan’s Garden – Garden Notes Peony YouTube Video at this link for complete information on how to assemble this beautiful flower.
7. Use Susan’s pink PanPastel to color the flower petals, and the light green PanPastel to color the leaves.
8. Shape the flower petals and leaves, using Susan’s Flower Tool Kit, and assemble. Add the three flowers to the lower left corner of the square.
9. Die cut the smallest heart in the new Entwined Hearts die set. Use Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz or Silver Card Stock for the heart. Reminder: Review Els’s YouTube tutorial if you are not familiar with die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. A metal adaptor plate or Big Shot Machine with Precision Base Plate are REQUIRED!
10, Use the new Love Sentiments die set to die cut “Valentine”, also using Silver Shimmer Sheetz or Silver Card Stock. Attach to the right corner, below the die cut frame.
11. Use the new Dancing Butterflies die set to die cut the butterfly. Attach it to the upper right corner of the frame.
Susan’s beautiful dimensional flowers are just perfect for any occasion. Be sure to check out the Susan’s Garden collection so you can create a card or other project that will be loved by that special someone!
Products from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Dancing Butterflies (coming soon)
Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
Clear Double Sided Adhesive – 1/4 inch
What a beautiful Valentine’s Day Card. You are very talented.
I adore everything about this card. I’m a huge fan of all your creations!
I adore everything about this card. I’m a huge fan of your creations.
The card is beautiful. Really love the entwined hearts. And the flowers are lovely. Thanks so much for the tutorial.
This is truly stunning Selma! Your peonies are gorgeous!
Ooh Selma, this is another BEAUTY of you!!
You create such a great Valentine cards, I love them all…
I look forward to the moment when I can buy also here in the Nederlands some of the new ECD dies. The die “Valentine” seems great.
Thanks for sharing and a good and clear explanation.
gorgeous , love the flowers and the layout